• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Updated Site

490 posts in this topic

My guess is that the server itself was getting old (how long have the forums been around) and most IT department will do a rolling hardware/software upgrade at the same time.

Was the old software UBB?

Yes it was

Old Version was 6.0.12 or something this is 7.1.1, you would think a new version would keep the original features WHILE ADDING new features.

Yeah, and WTF is up with not HIGHLIGHTING the new posts? That's Grade 1 basic features, and it's virtually impossible to navigate now.

And what about the simple (and temporary) sorting function? Now you have to go to the bottom of the page, change your preferences, then sort, and then go back to the bottom of the page, reset your preferences and then resort.

One mouse click vs. about ten.

yeah!!!

There definitely needs to be a more pronounced appearance to those threads where new posts remain unread. The present look is very difficult to discern.

Agreed, and this is a HUGE issue that needs to be resolved.

I hate the new quote scrolling box feature. Now, you can't even follow a quoted conversation without having to scroll up/down/left/right...what a headache!

I never really saw any problems with the old boards IMO. Never had speed issues myself. If that was the goal, why the need to change nearly everything about the boards? Was there any percieved problems with the color? The font? Etc, Etc.?

I was expecting to come back on here and find the same great boards, albeit a bit faster, not a completely new chat room.

Also, count me in with the group that feels the rediculous add placement after the first post of every page needs to go. That's really annoying.

I think the scrolling quote box would help avoiding pages of graemlin/quote fights

Only one way to find out...Crazy_265.gif

:sick: