• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Updated Site

490 posts in this topic

Arch....where is my mailbox??? There are messages in there I need to retrieve and it is nowhere to be found.....and no it is not under the "My Stuff" tab....

Scott

Me too!

I can't seem to find the PM link - where is that?
Under "My Stuff" - "My messages"

I don't have that link in the "My Stuff" post. I've got 1000s of PMs. Argh.

Yeah, you do...but it's 'masked' by the thread bar. It's still under there, but you have to click blind.

I think Arch said that if you are using IE 6, you may have that issue. They will be working on it. IE 7 and Firefox works fine.

IE 6 users.

click on "My Stuff." you will get a drop down.

put your mouse right over the top of the box containing the --Select another Forum -- bar. you will see that the field is clickable, and the address of the link will show up in your status bar at the bottom of your browser window

41021-Untitled-1.gif.3060f2f75d57be121601284fb7167750.gif

IE 6 users.

put your mouse right over the top of the box containing the --Select another Forum -- bar. you will see that the field is clickable, and the address of the link will show up in your status bar at the bottom of your browser window

I can't switch from IE 6, or the IT police will come and beat me up. I'm assuming this is going to get fixed. The workaround you said to do doesn't work.

Can somebody send me a PM so I can have at least a way to get into the PM link? Thanks.

IE 6 users.

I can't switch from IE 6, or the IT police will come and beat me up. I'm assuming this is going to get fixed.

not asking you to, Dan. See my edit above. :foryou:

4) It sure is wonderful to now have advertisements on each page including this POSTreply page I'm using to type this.

Let's not forget that CGC provides this forum for free. I don't begrudge them making a few bucks on advertising.

But also, in life there are a lot of things that are free that just aren't worth the price you pay for them....

I can get to PMs through "My Stuff" but what about if you want to PM a member from his post? Where is the "PM this member" box in the individual posts?

Do I have to add all CGC members to my list in order to PM someone I've never PM'ed before?

How do I access my PM messages :confused:

Click on "My Stuff"...

...and do not use IE6...

Don't use IE6, then what can I use???? Is this why under "mystuff" I don't get my PM's??? This blows :mad:

OK.. I got it :)

I can get to PMs through "My Stuff" but what about if you want to PM a member from his post? Where is the "PM this member" box in the individual posts?

Go to "Your UBB Buddies " in the option drop down menu in the top left...

I'm just glad to see that the forums are as filled with mutual respect and love as they have always been. Thank you all for your patience and your balanced and positive feedback.

That's sarcasm.

;):whistle:

While I understand wholesale changes like this are going to take time to work out all the bugs. I think even you can appreciate what it was like to log onto the boards and see everything changed so drastically

It was shocking. And not in a "hey WOW, this is new.. wow.. Hey..whats this.. ?? Hey... whats that??.. Cool!! I am kinda lost but it sure is fun trying to figure out all this new stuff"

Instead we walked into a half baked version of chat board purgatory. You knew all along this was going to happen and I assume have worked VERY hard to try and make it happen. But this wholesale change caught everyone else completely unawares. You took away the place we called our online home for many years and replaced it with an unfinished house, so of course it was a shock to the system that you were not more upfront about the proposed changes, or asked for input from a select group before going live with this.

We will have to just sit tite and wait for things to work themselves out, and deal with those things we might not like that still remain.

Not trying to be sarcastic.. just honest.

Ze-

IE 6 users.

I can't switch from IE 6, or the IT police will come and beat me up. I'm assuming this is going to get fixed. The workaround you said to do doesn't work.

Can somebody send me a PM so I can have at least a way to get into the PM link? Thanks.

Is this your it guy, Donut?

Nick_Burns.jpg

IE 6 users.

Is this your it guy, Donut?

Nick_Burns.jpg

Yeah, you do...but it's 'masked' by the thread bar. It's still under there, but you have to click blind.

I have "clicked blind" until my mouse is over-heating. The only thing that ever happens when I do this is that the drop down box drops down. No message link. Donut....are you able to click blind and pull yours up?

Scott

I'm just glad to see that the forums are as filled with mutual respect and love as they have always been. Thank you all for your patience and your balanced and positive feedback.

That's sarcasm.

While I understand wholesale changes like this are going to take time to work out all the bugs. I think even you can appreciate what it was like to log onto the boards and see everything changed so drastically

It was shocking. And not in a "hey WOW, this is new.. wow.. Hey..whats this.. ?? Hey... whats that??.. Cool!! I am kinda lost but it sure is fun trying to figure out all this new stuff"

Instead we walked into a half baked version of chat board purgatory. You knew all along this was going to happen and I assume have worked VERY hard to try and make it happen. But this wholesale change caught everyone else completely unawares. You took away the place we called our online home for many years and replaced it with an unfinished house, so of course it was a shock to the system that you were not more upfront about the proposed changes, or asked for input from a select group before going live with this.

We will have to just sit tite and wait for things to work themselves out, and deal with those things we might not like that still remain.

Ze-

Very well said Ze.

I can appreciate some small changes that are for the better, but I hate the new gray color scheme and am getting eyestrain from some of the overly complicated layout changes. It seems to take much more effort to navigate posts and threads.

As ever, I'm honestly very appreciative of having these forums as a resource and of the work that goes into maintaining them, but am feeling quite bummed out at the moment. :( I have faith that some of the small things will be fixed, but it's the big things that are a real downer.

That's sarcasm.

Ze-

Very well said Ze.

I can appreciate some small changes that are for the better, but I hate the new gray color scheme and am getting eyestrain from some of the overly complicated layout changes. It seems to take much more effort to navigate posts and threads.

As ever, I'm honestly very appreciative of having these forums as a resource and of the work that goes into maintaining them, but am feeling quite bummed out at the moment. :( I have faith that some of the small things will be fixed, but it's the big things that are a real downer.

I think it's just a learning curve...i actually find the forums much easier and quicker to navigate now...

I wish that "stickied" threads would be more prominant however...and the color scheme is a little bland...

Go to "Your UBB Buddies " in the option drop down menu in the top left...

Yeah, I see that but I used to be able to just PM you from your post in this thread.

Now I have to go to "My Stuff" and PM you from there? And add you if you aren't in my buddie list? :need Hairpulling icon: