• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Updated Site

490 posts in this topic

No address book??

makepoint.gif

How come that graemlin shows up normal but the rest don't?

because it was inserted as an image, not a graemlin

No address book??

makepoint.gif

How come that graemlin shows up normal but the rest don't?

In order for it to show up normal, right click the graemlin, copy the properties and attach it like this

acclaim.gif

Actually, I think you are underemphazing the dramatic changes. Small details matter. There's a big different between Walmart, Target, and Filenes. One of the biggest is the "feel" you get just by walking in the door.

This grey is a big deal. Posting the ads in the middle is a big deal. Not communicating is a big deal and then condescendingly telling all the complainers to Chill out, no big deal man, is also a big deal.

Why not try this on for size

1. A very cool multi-person PM system: "Hey guys we added a mulitperson PM system, what do y'all think." Wait 3 days respond to feedback roll it out again as improved.

2. Multiple images I haven't check out this feature but I'm sure its cool. See 1 above

3. hardware upgrade: Do this anyway.

4 & 5. Moods & icons : Yipee good job.

6. Calander: Haven't used it yet and probably won't but thank you for adding it.

7. An improved poll interface. OK, but did polls really make this place what it is. Again, see 1 above.

8. Frankly, an improved layout and style sheet despite some needed tweaks, that has gotten rid of alot of distracting and over-emphasized lines all over the screen.

OK, here's where you lost me. The screen we see is the store. By making changes you have forced me to go to a new and different store. Imagine if Target changed their logo to a dark blue target box instead of red target circle, and had reduced lighting and grey purple walls. Ads for products were placed in the aisle. All the employees wore grey instead of red. Would you still shop there? Even if you would, can you say it would be the same experience? Now what if the store manager answered all his criticism with "get over it, its not that big a deal. Plus we added more registers you should thank me."

And thank you for telling me what my priorities should be. Maybe you should rethink yours. (See how it feels when I say it to you?)

A little humility goes a long way.

Ed

Well said! (insert clapping graemlin)

I think we're all losing a little perspective here. Its kind of like complaining that your welfare check is a day late. Last time I checked, this site was free and the benefits we all derive from it (monetary-for those of us who buy and sell, knowledge, community, etc) don't suddenly disappear because the damn thing isn't as easy to navigate or read as we're used to.

(insert rant icon here).

Here i thought the grading fees i pay were partially responsible for the running of these boards, learn something new everyday

Yeah, and just cause I pump gas at Hess, I should be sent an invitation to their annual Board meeting, maybe even get a voting seat.

i honestly think this is your monitor...or at least, the way certain monitors render colour. it looks pretty obvious on my monitor, which is set to "High Color (16bit)" at 1280 x 1024

I doubt it, as I'm running a UltraSharp at 1920x1200x32.

I can see the differences, but my issue is that they they are FAR LIGHTER than in the previous CGC forum software and the gradient is much lower.

Not to mention it's hass-backwards, with lighter denoting NEW and darker OLD.

Ok, just for Arch I'm going to include ONE positive comment...followed by a negative one of course. :baiting:

I like the way the new PMs read like a thread with all of the back and forth there. It helps you keep with the flow of what conversation you were having without having to go back and re-read past PMs.

However...I wish that after you send a PM, it would automatically take you back to the thread you were in like it used to instead of leaving you in the PM thread.

Yeah, and just cause I pump gas at Hess, I should be sent an invitation to their annual Board meeting, maybe even get a voting seat.

lol

I am a bit surprised at the sense of entitlement around here. Sheesh... you'd think we were paying admission to these boards or something!

My grandpa used to say something about looking a gift horse in the mouth...

No address book??
It's under the main PM page on the top left under "View your UBB buddies" :banana:
Am I on your list? meh
Nope, haven't added anyone in years. I never use it anyways so F U :devil:

i honestly think this is your monitor...or at least, the way certain monitors render colour. it looks pretty obvious on my monitor, which is set to "High Color (16bit)" at 1280 x 1024

I doubt it, as I'm running a UltraSharp at 1920x1200x32.

I can see the differences, but my issue is that they they are FAR LIGHTER than in the previous CGC forum software and the gradient is much lower.

not calling you a liar or nothing, but they're pretty blatant on my monitor.

confused-smiley-013.gif

Not to mention it's hass-backwards, with lighter denoting NEW and darker OLD.

yeah, that's pretty counterintuitive to be sure

lol

I am a bit surprised at the sense of entitlement around here. Sheesh... you'd think we were paying admission to these boards or something!

I still don't get this sort of "shut up and take it" mentality. Since my last response got no reply's, I'll repost it again:

There's plenty of "Free" websites out there. We all have chosen this one for various reasons and obviously CGC see's this site as beneficial to their business (or they wouldn't bother having it if it wasn't). The volume here is obviously seen as sufficiant enough to attract companies who are now willing to buy banner ads here, so yes, I think CGC should listen to our criticisms and opinions.

I keep getting this feeling like WE are the ones who should always be so grateful, but it's a two way street...one can't exist without the other.

lol

Hey Zip they can shut these boards down for all I care, might do us all a favour as I waste way too much time here.

not calling you a liar or nothing, but they're pretty blatant on my monitor.

Pretty BLATANT? I see very light brown-gray to slightly darker brown-gray, and I can't imagine the type of bizarro monitor that would display those two colors as BLATANTLY different.

No address book??
It's under the main PM page on the top left under "View your UBB buddies" :banana:
Am I on your list? meh
That graemlin doesn't work...... makepoint.gif

No address book??
Am I on your list? meh
(shrug)

No address book??
Am I on your list? meh
(shrug)

Its more like this confused-smiley-013.gif Canuckie

makepoint.gif

No address book??
Am I on your list? meh
(shrug)

Its more like this confused-smiley-013.gif Canuckie

makepoint.gif

Ask me if I give a Juststopit.DoyouWANTastrike?? Later, fool :whistle:

I still don't get this sort of "shut up and take it" mentality.

I'm not saying that at all. Reasonable and measured criticism/feedback should be expected. However, it seems like a lot of folks have gone off the deep end.

Specifically in regard to the ads, it's really not a big deal. Go to any news, entertainment or sports site and you will encounter flash ads, scrolling ads and pop ups galore. Are a few static banner ads really that bad?

In regard to the notion that there are a lot of "free" websites out there...

Yes there are. And anyone is free to go to those other websites anytime they want. No one is keeping anyone here. If the ads and everything else are so horrible, let people put their money where their mouths are and walk away.

I have a stack of BA 9.8s that says they will be back. :grin: