• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Embrace Change

34 posts in this topic

Granted, there are a number of glitches and I don't like the colors, but I'm confident that all of these issues will be worked out.

Otherwise, dare I say, I like many of the structure changes? My brain actually likes something different than the same old screens it's been looking at for the last 4 years.

I feel like I wandered into an old lady knitting club today and someone served a different flavor tea. The old ladies have their panties in an uproar because "it's not the same as it used to be." :blush:

Maybe true, but it sure does hurt my eyes.

For real. And I do appreciate, Steve, that you're trying to be more positive about the changes. Normally I'd be in your camp as well...I don't think of myself as a chronic complainer, nor do I want to be. But after spending some time here this morning, my eyes genuinely ache. :(

who moved my cheese?????

its a shock to wake up in an unfamiliar setting after so many years. So I hate this. But. Im sure that in a few months I wont even rememeber the old site's style etc. I havent played around enuff to experience whatever substanrive improvements were made, but Im sure theyre there, after all, more must have changed than the color scheme... right?

I'm actually okay after reading Arch's "You must chill" thread.

Although, having these changes communicated up front would have been preferable.

When I heard "forum upgrade" I didn't expect it to look completely different. I assumed the changes would not affect the "look" of the board. (insert Shrug graemlin here)

Granted, there are a number of glitches and I don't like the colors, but I'm confident that all of these issues will be worked out.

Otherwise, dare I say, I like many of the structure changes? My brain actually likes something different than the same old screens it's been looking at for the last 4 years.

I feel like I wandered into an old lady knitting club today and someone served a different flavor tea. The old ladies have their panties in an uproar because "it's not the same as it used to be." :blush:

I'm starting to settle in now myself, it was just that unfamiliar territory shock! :blush:

does it still tell display which post you are referring to like before?

Only when you quote...

but not the exact post as it did before. sometimes that was useful when people reply w/o quoting...