• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Embrace Change

34 posts in this topic

whats with the ads being randomly inserted between messages in the threads?
The reason for it all.

You mean you don't like it? This is very disturbing that you don't care for it.

The biggest improvement in my mind is the fact that you need to be logged-in to view a members profile. Not even the members photo avatar shows up unless you're logged-in. Considering some of the issues I've mentioned related to spammers harvesting forums for email addys, I see this as a good change.

Also, one thing with the default setting of font size - I noticed that it is slightly smaller. And if it isn't any smaller, maybe it might even be attributed to the lack of contrast with the grey background and black font colour which makes reading a little harder on the eyes - either way, and in case you guys didn't know, if you're mouse is equipped with a wheel (usually located in the center), you can enlarge the font size of any Web content by pressing ctrl and scrolling-down for larger font, and up for smaller font sizes

41HX0DR61PL._AA280_.jpg

I feel like I wandered into an old lady knitting club today and someone served a different flavor tea. The old ladies have their panties in an uproar because "it's not the same as it used to be." :blush:

And BTW, I'll take Earl Grey.

I feel like I wandered into an old lady knitting club today and someone served a different flavor tea. The old ladies have their panties in an uproar because "it's not the same as it used to be." :blush:

And BTW, I'll take Earl Grey.

Great choice! With a dollop of honey please.

OK,

In the interest of posting something today that isn't person_without_enough_empathyy...I want to say that I do see Arch's note at the top that they will be taking another look at font size and color contrast.

Thank you Arch, and much appreciated, in advance.

:foryou:

I can handle change but I cant handle the colors. MY EYES HURT!! I'm done till the color changes.

This is very true. The new color scheme is driving my eyes crazy.

Here's my take on change:

I'm all for it - when necessary. Now, I wasn't having any problems with the boards before all of this. I really had no complaints. I never saw any threads repeatedly begging for any of the changes I've seen take place.

So, when heard they were going to be shut down for a day to increase the speed, I took it at face value. I really wasn't expecting some huge overhaul.

Some of these changes we will of course all get used to. I actually like the new threaded PM (where you can view the entire PM conversation like a thread). There are obviously some glitches that will be worked out (brought to Arches attention by the "whiners"). Then, there are those changes that truly leave me scratching my head.

I feel no hesitation to air those criticisms out here. There have been plenty of the same complaints, so it's not like mine are isolated. I wouldn't be doing CGC any favors by keeping silent about these IMO.

It's kind of like, if you had a buddy who got a cool new hair style, but in reality, it wasn't really that cool. In fact, it looks down right horrible. Do you tell him because he's your friend, or do you lie and tell him it looks cool because he's your friend?

I'd tell him.