• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jackpot $$$!!!!!!!

86 posts in this topic

It is truely sad that it has been bid it up to $1,247.

I probably would have guessed a max of $100.

Even then it would have been about $85 more than it's worth.

Let me think of a better way to spend $1,300...

1) ASM #50 in CGC 9.2

2) Hulk #181 in CGC 9.2

3) FF #112 in CGC 9.6

4) 2 copies of MTU #1 in CGC 9.4

5) Hand Grenades. Lots of Hand Grenades.

6) All the Doritos you could stand to ever eat the rest of your life.

7) The time of your life at a "Gentleman's Club".

8) A fully loaded AMC Pacer.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

This comic has been discussed before in a previous thread. It is a phenomenal investment opportunity! 27_laughing.gif

Oh yeah...

Sorry.

I still think I'll take the AMC Pacer. sumo.gif

It is truely sad that it has been bid it up to $1,247.

Definitely, and I really hope the winner wants the book for their collection and isn't following some insufficiently_thoughtful_person's "investment advice".

I used to laugh back in the days when bozos were laying down a few hundred dollars on Valiant books or buying 50-100 X-Force #1's, but the numbers being thrown around now have me a tad worried about the fallout.

This is gonna be the ugliest one yet. 893whatthe.gif

I used to laugh back in the days when bozos were laying down a few hundred dollars on Valiant books or buying 50-100 X-Force #1's, but the numbers being thrown around now have me a tad worried about the fallout.

But unlike those books, this one is rare so you can't lose...can you? insane.gifflamed.gifmakepoint.gif

But unlike those books, this one is rare so you can't lose...can you? insane.gifflamed.gifmakepoint.gif

Wait! Now I get it!

First Jim Lee on Batman! makepoint.gif

It should do as well long term as Uncanny 248, eh?

Yeah. These guys are brilliant for bidding this much on this book.

And to think, I was going to try to find a Pacer. 893whatthe.gif

Wait! Now I get it!

First Jim Lee on Batman! makepoint.gif

It should do as well long term as Uncanny 248, eh?

Yeah. These guys are brilliant for bidding this much on this book.

And to think, I was going to try to find a Pacer. 893whatthe.gif

Well, I've put my money where my mouth is. I believe strongly that this book will have exceptional legs, much like the Star Wars 1 35 cent variant. Seeing as my bid right now doesn't cover the pure Rockefellerian profit I've made on the five of these I've sold since January, I'm feeling pretty good about this.

Well, I've put my money where my mouth is. I

893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif

Break the reserve first....

I may want the book, but I'm not crazy. I've put in my maximum bid price, and if somebody goes over that, fine. If I'm the high bidder at the end, the chance to make a sale to me and save 5% might be appealing.

I truly do not understand everybody's disdain for this book. There are only 200 of them. Are there only 200 Batman collectors in the entire world? The fact that I've sold 5 of these for between $500 and $950 already raw doesn't mean anything?

If I get this book and have it as a centerpiece at the Baltimore Comicon where Jim Lee is the guest of honor, I'd be willing to wager a big block of Wisconsin Cheese that it wouldn't be on our wall past about noon.

If I get this book and have it as a centerpiece at the Baltimore Comicon where Jim Lee is the guest of honor, I'd be willing to wager a big block of Wisconsin Cheese that it wouldn't be on our wall past about noon.

How big a block?

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Blowout, you remember that this is the special retailers copy supposedly limited to 200 copies not the newsstand edition, so the comparison to XMen 268 isnt valid.... I argued that this book IF ACTUALLY LIMITED to 200 would be a good investment at a reasonable price (like $200-300 tops)...but at this price (I guess the reserve is $5000) - - -nahhhhhh.