• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jackpot $$$!!!!!!!

86 posts in this topic

I think we've shifted back in time to 1993

Sweet. That means we can witness NAFTA, Waco, the Lorena Bobbatt trial, the first Beanie Babies, TQM, the very first version of Doom, MS-DOS 6.0, and the final episode of Cheers all over again.

1993..now that was a great year.

I think we've shifted back in time to 1993

Sweet. That means we can witness NAFTA, Waco, the Lorena Bobbatt trial, the first Beanie Babies, TQM, the very first version of Doom, MS-DOS 6.0, and the final episode of Cheers all over again.

1993..now that was a great year.

It's 1993? Cool, I can be unemployed and drinking at noon again!

This book is a good book,but Again..it's right up there with Spider-man Platinum,Ultimate Spider-man White and god knows what else...Jim Lee can't draw this book forever,just like Bendis can't write USM forever either,once that happens I don't care if there is only 2 in the world...no one will want it.Someone should email the potential buyer and ask him "what are you thinking"??

While I agree that the current price is pretty crazy, to say that this book will fall from grace is also crazy. It's probably one of the most rare Batman items around, and features art by one of the best artists around.

McFarlane hasn't done anything for years, but the Spider-Man Platinum #1 is still selling like crazy, and if a #1 Platinum in 9.8 came up for bid, I bet it would sell for close to $1,000, and there were a lot more than 200 of the platinum issue than this Batman issue.

But wasn't the platinum edition mailed with bad packaging? I've seen 9.8's of this batman issue quite a few times in the past few months. When was the last time you saw a 9.8 Platinum edition? Last time I checked, one does not exist. The platium edition would sell for more than this Batman issue for sure.

This book is a good book,but Again..it's right up there with Spider-man Platinum,Ultimate Spider-man White and god knows what else...Jim Lee can't draw this book forever,just like Bendis can't write USM forever either,once that happens I don't care if there is only 2 in the world...no one will want it.Someone should email the potential buyer and ask him "what are you thinking"??

While I agree that the current price is pretty crazy, to say that this book will fall from grace is also crazy. It's probably one of the most rare Batman items around, and features art by one of the best artists around.

McFarlane hasn't done anything for years, but the Spider-Man Platinum #1 is still selling like crazy, and if a #1 Platinum in 9.8 came up for bid, I bet it would sell for close to $1,000, and there were a lot more than 200 of the platinum issue than this Batman issue.

But wasn't the platinum edition mailed with bad packaging? I've seen 9.8's of this batman issue quite a few times in the past few months. When was the last time you saw a 9.8 Platinum edition? Last time I checked, one does not exist. The platium edition would sell for more than this Batman issue for sure.

The copy of batman 608 being discussed is 1/1 in 9.8.

One of the key differences is that Spider-man #1 Platinum came out in a period of rampant speculation and issue sales were at an all-time high (for Marvel Comics at least). That comic attained a level of notoriety that still exists today, which is a rare feat indeed.

I don't see this Batman issue coming anywhere near it for long-term appeal, and instead following the rest of the "limited issues" to obscurity.

One of the key differences is that Spider-man #1 Platinum came out in a period of rampant speculation and issue sales were at an all-time high (for Marvel Comics at least). That comic attained a level of notoriety that still exists today, which is a rare feat indeed.

I don't see this Batman issue coming anywhere near it for long-term appeal, and instead following the rest of the "limited issues" to obscurity.

We'll agree to disagree. There are a ton of people who love Spider-Man and McFarlane, and need the Platinum issue to have a full run. Same with this Batman issue. Plus the Batman issue is more rare. I don't think it's worth $1,500, but I don't think $1,000 is an outrageous price to pay.

We'll agree to disagree. There are a ton of people who love Spider-Man and McFarlane, and need the Platinum issue to have a full run.

I'd agree that a ton of people love the McFarlane ASM run, but I haven't met too many who are trying to complete their 1990's Spider-man Big Mac issues and just HAVE to get the Platinum.

It's old specs coming back to the fold, trying to get a rarity.

Maybe when the market crashes again, this Batman issue will be remembered and gain value later on?

I don't take issue with this book selling raw in the $500 range... but $2K is a significant BSD premium to pay for a 9.8...

I know guys who work at two different comic book printers who take home stacks of every small print run comic that goes through the presses. On a 200 print run book, they are probably sending 300 through the press to allow for errors and damage. The printers keep file copies for a few years and then they are supposed to be disposed of but the employees typically wind up with them... And the overages frequently wind up going out the back door...

Five or ten nice copies hitting the marketplace probably wouldn't affect the raw prices much, but it could cause havoc for the buyer of this 9.8...

I know guys who work at two different comic book printers who take home stacks of every small print run comic that goes through the presses.

Probably a good thing they don't work for me.

They would be unemployeed and prosecuted.

On a 200 print run book, they are probably sending 300 through the press to allow for errors and damage.

Actually, more like a few thousand.

The printers keep file copies for a few years and then they are supposed to be disposed of but the employees typically wind up with them... And the overages frequently wind up going out the back door...

This happens less often than you make it sound.

Again, I refer to the first part of my reply.

I've fired people for this before, and I wouldn't even bat an eyelash about doing it again.

Five or ten nice copies hitting the marketplace probably wouldn't affect the raw prices much, but it could cause havoc for the buyer of this 9.8...

I agree. All it would take is one or two books to make this one fall.

And it has a long way to fall.