• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about tape/sticker on OA

3 posts in this topic

Hello. I am new to collecting original comic art and had a question about some of the pieces I have obtained.

Since the beginning of the year, I have purchased a few pieces of Supergirl art from the Peter David run. On most of them there is some yellowed tape/stickers near the top and bottom of the pages. There is a circle with a cross in the center of the tape/sticker. I am not sure exactly what this is called, but assume it had some purpose in the production process. I tried to use the search function here, but I may not have been using the proper terms.

My most recent piece, a page from issue 71, seems like the tape could easily be peel off. I have not tried with some of the older pieces.

Is there any advice on this tape? Is it something that can/should be removed or should I just leave it on the paper?

I have some recent Hawkgirl pages and none of them have this tape on them.

Thanks,

Michael

Thanks for the reply and info.

My worry is that yellowing of the tape is caused by acid in the adhesive or tape and that will somehow spread to the paper. Admitedly the tape is in the borders, so the actual art should be less in danger.

I wonder if other people remove the tape or just let it be. Having it cause damage to the art concerns me, but on the other hand it is part of the production process and, as such, a part of the history of the page.