• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC'd Crusaders for sale

26 posts in this topic

From chick.com:

Is there any way to get copies of some of your old titles?

Yes. There are two possibilities. First, after discontinuing a title, we usually have copies on hand for awhile. If you are interested in a particular title, you can call or e-mail us and ask if we have any copies left of the title you are interested in. The second possibility is this: We still have the printing negatives for most titles and, if you are willing to buy an entire press run of 10,000 copies, we will print them for you. (See Frequently Asked Questions.) If you absolutely must have a discontinued title, this is your answer.

So presumably at some point in the last ten years or so, new copies were printed, as they still sell issues through their website. Whether there is indication of the printing in the indicia is unknown.

From chick.com:

Is there any way to get copies of some of your old titles?

Yes. There are two possibilities. First, after discontinuing a title, we usually have copies on hand for awhile. If you are interested in a particular title, you can call or e-mail us and ask if we have any copies left of the title you are interested in. The second possibility is this: We still have the printing negatives for most titles and, if you are willing to buy an entire press run of 10,000 copies, we will print them for you. (See Frequently Asked Questions.) If you absolutely must have a discontinued title, this is your answer.

So presumably at some point in the last ten years or so, new copies were printed, as they still sell issues through their website. Whether there is indication of the printing in the indicia is unknown.

That might make sense for what dates the CGC labels have on them(up to 2007). I'll have to pull my copies, there are some here I haven't seen before!

Are these later printings? I thought they were produced from 1974-1988.

Yes, these are definitely later printings.

I'm not sure how CGC dated some of them though. #17 lists a copyright of 1988, but notes Alberto's passing in 1997 on the inside front page. I never found any other date.

One of the labels indicates a 2002 date in the indicia. These have to be later printings. But they appear identical to the originals, at least from memory. I would love to have high grade copies of these. Most of mine are 8.0-8.5 tops.

SOLD! (Just kidding--you are talking about wanting to own a first print run, are you not? If not, PM me.)

There are some differences in the texts. For example, in the original issue 2, one of the characters says he can't believe there are witches in 1973. In later printings the date was changed to "Twentieth Century."

Yes, looks like the original series was starting with a .39 cent cover price, but I've seen .49 and .59 cents ones too. OS lists also .69 cent cover price ones. Which issue is the rise of Hitler issue mentioned?

That would be #14: The Godfathers. It's a walk down kooky conspiracy theories lane.