• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Totally Shameless (but true) Suck-up Post

113 posts in this topic

and just as I supseced

"Suspected" - I hold the copyright on "supseced".

And in re-reading - dammit - I have to agree that yes - there is some negativity but the whole hobby/markey thing was my main focal point and was a bit blinded to it. (I can admit when I am wrong - sometimes - or at least - not wrong - just partially correct). Anyway - new thread on pure markey/hobby topic.

Oh yeah [!@#%^&^] you!

You can have "supseced"......but I hold all rights to "hobby/markey" and "markey/hobby"......and you owe me double since you used both in your post here.

I'm not saying that it's not a worthwhile subject to discuss........it just seems that any thread like this is always steered down that negative path in some form or another. I could say that CGC and the flying monkeys from the Wizard of Oz both had a major impact on the comic hobby.......and the only thing people would argue about would be the mention of CGC.

Now [!@#%^&^] off.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif Pov......you gotta love the guy. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I'm not saying that it's not a worthwhile subject to discuss........it just seems like any thread like this is always steered down that negative CGC highway in some form or another. I could say that CGC and the flying monkeys from the Wizard of Oz both had a major impact on the comic hobby.......and the only thing people would argue against would be the mention of CGC.

I understand you, Bug. However, in keping with the original context I would have to say that while CGC has made a major impact on the comic market, to be fair it is a small, specific part of the comic market: high end books. Now when I say "high end" I don't mean just hi-grade later (SA and beyond), but books like GA that have gone through restoration checks, etc. Defintiely a comfort factor and were I to get something like a sight-unseen higher end ga book, I would feel better if it were cgc'd. But in discussing, as Hoo did, the entire comic market as a whole, my feeling is that the percentage of CGC books vs raw books being traded places CGC in a small part of the whole. They may account for some big $$$, especially when looking at something like a Hulk 181 or an AF15 etc., but in sheer quantity and the number of people that collect cgc vs raw, it is a small percentage. Is that a slam? Not at all. I just have to question the original perception of CGC as a major impact.

::edited - don't ask! sheesh::

Is that a slam? Not at all. I just have to question the original perception of CGC as a major impact.

Do you really think that the Church Books have a major impact on the hobby today? More than CGC? If not, then why wasn't that original perception brought up first as an issue? I can tell you why.....but I think I made it clear in my first post in this thread......which is why I really had no interest in reading it.

Is that a slam? Not at all. I just have to question the original perception of CGC as a major impact.

Do you really think that the Church Books have a major impact on the hobby today? More than CGC? If not, then why wasn't that original perception brought up first as an issue? I can tell you why.....but I think I made it clear in my first post in this thread......which is why I really had no interest in reading it.

I'll be honest with you. I read the Church thing and though to myself "What the heck?" It honestly made such little sense to me that I could not even think of HOW to reply. In truth, I was hoping that later on would bring an elaboration I could get into.

I'll be honest with you. I read the Church thing and though to myself "What the heck?" It honestly made such little sense to me that I could not even think of HOW to reply. In truth, I was hoping that later on would bring an elaboration I could get into.

Goes back to my whole "flying monkeys" scenario. No matter what's said, certain people will always steer it in a certain direction. And that's why I had no desire to read the thread......just wasn't of interest to me.

Goes back to my whole "flying monkeys" scenario. No matter what's said, certain people will always steer it in a certain direction. And that's why I had no desire to read the thread......just wasn't of interest to me.

Just like your Clinton and his BJ references. Sigh...look in the mirror once in a while...FOOL! mad.gif

Just like your Clinton and his BJ references. Sigh...look in the mirror once in a while...FOOL! mad.gif

Shouldn't you be off somewhere wearing your sisters shorts? blush.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif On that note....later! insane.gif

I started to read and enjoy this thread and the humor in it until it was forced down the same frigging path as any other thread that attempts to speak positively of CGC. So, I skipped the rest of it and just decided to post.

Steve......you and the CGC gang are doing a great job and ARE the reason I got back into the hobby.

Keep up the good work. 893applaud-thumb.gif

More evidence that CGC is latin for hellspawn

I started to read and enjoy this thread and the humor in it until it was forced down the same frigging path as any other thread that attempts to speak positively of CGC. So, I skipped the rest of it and just decided to post.

Steve......you and the CGC gang are doing a great job and ARE the reason I got back into the hobby.

Keep up the good work. 893applaud-thumb.gif

More evidence that CGC is latin for hellspawn

It also seems that Shadroch is latin for nutsack.