• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM HUMAN TORCH #3, and #4

11 posts in this topic

I would know how to grade these with regular tape, the masking tape is throwing me, so I'd love some other opinions:)

The #3, has decent pages, it appears to have extra stap les, although it's hard to see, and I don't want to force the center open.

The #4 is a little worse, there are pieces of clear tape on the inside of many of the pages, small pieces near the spine, and the last two pages are detached.

I was thinking of finding out if I can have the tape removed, but I may just leave them alone. Any opinions on that, would be welcome too, I've never done that with any of my books:) Thank you in advance!

humantorch30001.jpg[/img]

humantorchb3b0001.jpg[/img]

humantorch4f0001.jpg[/img]

humantorch4b0002.jpg[/img]

I'll throw out a guess of 1.5 on #3, 1.0 on #4. The tape & page detachments will probably kill the technical grades, tho obviously the covers still look nice. Very cool pair of books to own! :applause:

Taped spines, are they remnants from Pop Hollinger book exchange, and reputed to be the first ever comic dealer, and preserver of comic books.

See OSPG #12 A-58 - A-64

hm hm hm

I think Pop used a brown, shiny shipping type tape, not masking tape.

Well comics already in Good don't get hammer too hard for taped spines.

Hmm, not sure. My thinking was that the fact that's it's masking tape & not clear tape would tug the grade down even further than Good...since a portion of each front/back covers is essentially "hidden". I see where you're coming from though.

Taped spines, are they remnants from Pop Hollinger book exchange, and reputed to be the first ever comic dealer, and preserver of comic books.

See OSPG #12 A-58 - A-64

hm hm hm

No, my friend Buster, is like the world's greatest expert on Pop Hollinger, he knew him, Pop Used Brown paper tape or Green Tape, I'll have to show find the piece Buster wrote for Overstreet. but thanks for the suggestion!

Thank you everyone for your thoughts...I had this thread marked, but with the new changes, I guess I didn't see any responses...I just got an Adventure 44 with the same tape, *sigh* at least, it makes them affordable for ME:) I'm going to see how big a deal it is to remove the tape, at least from the #3, but I might just leave them, thanks so much for the opinions, I appreciate it!

I don't see any reason why these books should not grade 2.0, and possibly a 2.5 on the one that's intact and no interior tape. :sumo:

As an aside, typically, the adhesive on masking tape is much less cohesive. I think removal would be much easier than standard tape. hm