• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shill Poster?

41 posts in this topic

Who could this be?

"This is the clearest, truest explanation I have heard yet on what is actually going on. Thanks!" (in response to CI's progression of graded collectibles)

"I use those terribly flimsy boxes from CGC. They suck."

"delekkrsete, you rock - keep up the great posts!"

"they (sellers) have to be upbeat even in the face of the what has become a daily onslaught of bad news/lower prices"

"Not only is it idiotic to lay down that kind of cash for a brand new comic that isn't a key, why are people slabbing these unimportant books in the first place???? 10 years from now, long after Bendis has left this title (if the book is even still being published), the book will Guide for $4 and a 9.9 copy will be worth a lot less than $460..." (on the "Ultimate Spider-man" thread)

"I majored in economics and minored in philosophy in college and so am far more swayed by the rational/logical arguments of Gene, ComicINvestor, and a few others on this Board than by the bleating sheep whose only retort seems to be calling people "Doom and Gloomers" and "chicken little"."

"when the Bronze Bubble Boys stop collecting/retire/die out no one will give a rat's about this character."

The last one really rung a bell, so a quick search of the entire comics message board history for the phrase "rat's " gives 5 hits - one by "Tinkerer", and four by "CI". Fess up!

You guys are really starting to me off. Seriously.

You think my attitude was bad before? You pull pinhead like this and I take out a whole new wall.

It's amusing that banner or one of his bum-buddies is purposefully posting these comments, then naturally makes the connection. I'm hoping Arch comes on and boots your off the board for this.

Yeah, it's pretty sad the selling bum-buddies on the forum feel the need to invent a CI-like alter-ego and then (gasp) post their detective work on here. Thankfully we all know they couldn't find their way out of a paper bag, so the jig's up.

With all the attention being lavished on me, I don't know whether to feel honored or angry.