• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I did something I never thought I would do……

26 posts in this topic

I despise rusty staples and always have. However, I think I'd rather have the rusty staple than the GLOD it would get from CGC if I replaced the staples. But that's just me.

if i collected slabbed books i may feel the same. what i don't understand is how a comic with

tape or tape pulls can get a blue lable.

I'm curious to know how CGC detects vintage staple replacement. hm Not that I expect them to tell me, just curious.

i'm not sure that they can detect it 100% of the time but IMHO would expect the following to be the typical scenario:

the most logical reason to replace the staples is that they have begun to rust and stain the comic. as such, a submission with rust marks on the cover around the staple area, but with non-rusty staples would set off the alarm bells...........and, i would surmise, result in closer than normal scrutiny..........

don't have a clue what might happen if staples were replaced for other reasons......

I'm curious to know how CGC detects vintage staple replacement. hm Not that I expect them to tell me, just curious.

the most logical reason to replace the staples is that they have begun to rust and stain the comic. as such, a submission with rust marks on the cover around the staple area, but with non-rusty staples would set off the alarm bells...........and, i would surmise, result in closer than normal scrutiny..........

:golfclap:

Burntboy.

there's a blue labbled book in the market place thats sporting a blue lable, but the book has

tape on it in multiple places. how is that possible. any insite?

there's a blue labbled book in the market place thats sporting a blue lable, but the book has

tape on it in multiple places. how is that possible. any insite?

One of the earliest questions I posed in the Ask CGC forum was on that point. Here is the thread. I tried to bump it, but that forum is moderated, so the bump won't happen any time soon.

CGC Position on Tape