• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buying "near mint" comics from milehighcomics

25 posts in this topic

I wouldn't. Unless your getting some hi-res scans of front and back that meet ur expectations. Even then you still have to take as a grain of salt. I learned my lessen from buying overgraded books off of ebay and now only buy my slabs there.

i usually just strictly buy fine to very fine issues from mile high to complete story arcs, or fill gaps in my runs.

i wouldnt buy NM comics from them. in the ebay listings, they even say that have something like over 40,000 comics right? when they have that much stock, books are bound to get over-graded

I bought an "NM" book from them and it was fn/vf at best.

That was my first and last order from them.

I do like chucks sale emails where he talks about his travels and his indian pottery collection though.

He seems like a nice guy but he needs to get his graders to do a much better job.

Even when they had a both at wizard world the comics i looked at were over graded.

I have bought a few comics in the past and would say you need to take off 2 grades for 80's comics NM = VF/NM. Recently I have bought the odd CGC comic from them and cheap run of moderns for my son when they have their regular 50-86% off "sales". I would also say that the comics are not packed very well - they tried to cram too many into a big pile which was slightly squashed on one order. Generally I would avoid them but interesting emails.