• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Added to your Invoice

50 posts in this topic

So I get this email from Heritage and it says:

A charge of $21.38 has been added to your invoice for additional

shipping. Please contact Heritage Customer Service at 1-866-835-3243

to set-up payment. Thank you for bidding with the Heritage family.

Paul Pacheco

Client/Bidder Services

Heritage Auction Galleries

3500 Maple Avenue, 17th Floor

Dallas, Texas 75219

I called Heritage and they told me that they made a mistake and the total charge for shipping should have been $29.38 and not the $7.90 that I was charged. The customer service rep couldn't do anything about it. Now $21.38 isn't alot of money, but it is the principle. This is from an order from May 6th. Now call me old fashioned, but if I screw up on shipping costs on ebay I eat the loss. :pullhair:

Sorry but I just needed to rant!

I don't have the packaging anymore, but I assume it was more then the $7.90 since it came from Texas to MA. USPS for a package that size from Dallas to MA is $14.75. Even then would you charge a customer 2 months after mailing the difference? I'm sure Sears and Overstock under charge at times, but they don't hit up their clients 2 months after the sale for the difference.

But that's just me.

Why do people deal with them anymore?

Good question, it's just sometimes they do have a book you want up there and even after adding in the 19% charge it comes out okay.

Shipping charges from Heritage always seem to be higher than actual postage. IIRC, I've been charged 14.00 for book(s) when postage was 7.00.

The extra is probably the "and Handling" portion of the cost.

I have received several packages from Heritage over the years and they always use top end materials to ship and do not skimp on protective materials or time spent to do it right.

I don't expect them to charge me just what's listed on the postage meter. I have dealt with places that do that and the packages ALWAYS seems to suffer.

Chris

seems like they should eat the loss, to me.

they made the mistake and they shipped it out.

i doubt you'd get a credit and a call saying we accidentally over charged you 21$ so we're going to put 21$ on your account.

Good question, it's just sometimes they do have a book you want up there and even after adding in the 19% charge it comes out okay.

If it is a matter of principle then don't deal with then again, No book is worth it.

Their selection, plain and simple. They get books you can't find anywhere else.

Contrary to what others say, I also think their raw grading is very good.