• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

best comics with storm or black panther

38 posts in this topic

my girlfriend is a big fan of both characters. since we're going to comic con next week, i want to get a list of books for her to look for. i have some basic ideas, but any help is appreciated.

Not Copper, but the Priest run (at least 1-49) is Black Panther excellence.

In particular, 25-30 ("Sturm und Drang" arc) feature the rekindling of the Storm/Panther romance with guest appearances by Magneto, Doom, Namor, Klaw. The arc was nominated for an Eisner as I recall.

A great Storm cover that I'm getting signed is Uncanny X-Men 201: Storm v. Cyclops for leadership of the X-Men. Also boasts Whilce Portacio's first work on UXM (inker), as well as the first appearance of Cable as Baby Nathan. Nice art, nice story, overall good book.

if you dont like it, post something better.

I could post a picture of your hass and it would be better than that POS.

Seriously, check out the eyebrows, they go up into her forehead, like some freaky alien. :screwy:

Hawkman, I'd seriously offer up many of the Late Bronze to Copper Uncanny X-Men books for some nice covers w/ Storm. lol, I'm blanking out on the issue # but there is one that's always popular with Storm and Emma Frost flying above the X-Men in a catfight. But yeah, definitely take a look at that run of UXM for some really nice coverart. :)

And stay away from the moderns... you never really know what you'll find quality level wise. ;)

thanks JC and mac man. i have two issues of UXM with storm (neither has been posted), these will go on my list.

now, what about black panther?

has anyone read the issue where he fights the kkk? marvel premiere i think?

that's a real good price, but while she doesn't care about grade at all, i'm looking for probably a raw 6.5-7.0

out of curiousity, who's garry m? i would like to look at the book.