• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To: Dalmatian or Dalmation

3 posts in this topic

I thought this was a interesting reference to how people on eBay think. The correct spelling of Dalmatian is with a A at the end not a O ie Dalmation. Now I admit, I spelled it with a O instinctively because thats how I thought it was said.. blush.gif ion when doing a search for Disney's 101 Dalmatian comics to see how they sell. I guess I am not the only one in fact there are close to 300 more listings with the incorrect spelling than the correct one. Here are the eBay comparisons:

Dalmatian

Dalmation

Anybody else find weird errors like this on eBay. I almost wanted to list it with the incorrect spelling since more people spelled it that way... confused.gif893whatthe.gifconfused.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Well, it's nothing that substantial...

But I often see eBay sellers with outrageous starting prices who misspell "Valiant".

Not only do they think it's still 1993, they don't even know how to spell

what they're hawking as treasure. I see "valient" and "valliant" so often I had

to put them in my regular searches. grin.gif

Valiantman, better add Valaint (that's what they called it when the bubble burst) to your list as well. I have also been searching under magnvs for awhile now as well, looking for that Predator/Magnus trade, b/c the book's logo uses the Roman-style 'u' in the title instead of a regular U (literalists!).

The most common double spelled search item on ebay has to be spiderman spider-man.