• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: I'm watching Bret the Hitman Hart documentary...

31 posts in this topic

The Bret Hard dvd is really good.

I'm a bit annoyed that one of the best matches on the DVD - (The Stone Cold and Bret Hard submission match) lags in audio. It's about 1 second to 1 and 1/2 seconds off. I wish they'd fixed that for the dvd.

It's funny, when you see some of them in real life they're not as big as they seem on TV. Bret Hart was one of those guys. Roddy Piper was another. Now, British Bulldog was a monster. Remember seing him and Animal (from the Road Warriors) benching together. They were doing 4 plates like it was nothing. But the biggest dude I ever saw was the Warlord. He was doing standing bicep curls with 225 pounds while holding a light-hearted conversation. Scary.

My cousin used to be one of the head writers for WWE back in...2004-2006. I got to go backstage and meet a bunch of the wrestlers which was pretty cool. I didn't get to meet any of the old school fellas, but it was still pretty fun. I was in the military then and in pretty good shape, but these guys just made me look like a sack of potatos.

Now I am a sack of potatos.

You're watching the "Wrestling with Shadows" documentary, or the Bret Hart DVD set that the WWE put out a few years ago? Both are good, I'm just curious which one you're referring to.

I'm a fan of Bret's work. I'm tired of hearing him person_without_enough_empathy about Vince McMahon, but I was a huge fan back in the day.

I have a tape of some old episodes of Georgia Championship Wrestling from the early 80's, and Bret is on there. One small bit of trivia is that he was billed as hailing from Billings, Montana back then (not Canada).

At least owen died in the ring doing what he loved.

Actually Owen preferred the wrestling and not all the added showmanship. If you remember he died doing a "stunt" that has little place being involved with wrestling and even less being done by someone who has no training.

Brett Hart can talk carp about McMahon all he wants. The guy was not asking for much and he certainly brought more to WWE than that selfish swine Michaels. Bret was more than willing to roll over the next night he wanted to go out a champ in the PPVs. Of course McMahon has never been about putting the respect and concern for the wrestlers first so he screwed him.