• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: I'm watching Bret the Hitman Hart documentary...

31 posts in this topic

If anyone hasn't seen it yet, Forever Hardcore is a documentary about the history of ECW. They don't have many matches because WWE has the rights to all of them, but it's worth its weight in gold for the New Jack interview. This guy is scary, as in scary crazy. It's also interesting to hear the wrestlers' side of the ECW story. On 18 Sep Pro Wrestling's Ultimate Insiders Presents: Doin' Time with New Jack will be released. Really looking forward to that.

http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Wrestlings-Ultimate-Insiders-Presents/dp/B000Q677DQ/ref=sr_1_1/002-4021508-0040007?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1184953489&sr=1-1

Angelo

What about that movie that had Jake The Snake smoking meth? It was on HBO.

Beyond The Mat. Very sobering look at pro wrestling. A doumentary about the Von Erichs & WCCW was released a little while ago called Heroes of World Class Wrestling. The only surviving Von Erich, Kevin, tells the story of those days. But the real gem is on the extras where the guy that runs PWTorch.com tells the real story of what went on behind the scenes. There are some pretty shocking stories.

Angelo

Georgia Championship Wrestling w/ Gorden Solie :headbang:

I agree 100%. People have said over the past few years that Jim Ross is the best ever. No way. Solie was one of the people that JR learned from. And Solie didn't spend the entire 2 hours (6:05 - 8:05 p.m. EST - every Saturday night, baby!) screaming his head off.

I bought a copy of "Gordon Solie...Something Left Behind" a few years back that I hope to read sometime soon.

If anyone hasn't seen it yet, Forever Hardcore is a documentary about the history of ECW.

I agree, Forever Hardcore is great. It's basically the other half of the story covered by the WWE's "The Rise and Fall of ECW" DVD, told by all the people who weren't interviewed on the WWE DVD.

Beyond The Mat. A doumentary about the Von Erichs & WCCW was released a little while ago called Heroes of World Class Wrestling. The only surviving Von Erich, Kevin, tells the story of those days. But the real gem is on the extras where the guy that runs PWTorch.com tells the real story of what went on behind the scenes. There are some pretty shocking stories.

I remember watching a preview for that documentary on their website a while back. I'll bet that DVD is very interesting to watch.

Beyond The Mat. A doumentary about the Von Erichs & WCCW was released a little while ago called Heroes of World Class Wrestling. The only surviving Von Erich, Kevin, tells the story of those days. But the real gem is on the extras where the guy that runs PWTorch.com tells the real story of what went on behind the scenes. There are some pretty shocking stories.

I remember watching a preview for that documentary on their website a while back. I'll bet that DVD is very interesting to watch.

The DVD is good because you get some insight into the Von Erich family and all the turmoil they went throught. Kevin tells the story of how his dad, Frtiz Von Erich, pointed a gun at him (Kevin) and told him he'd wished he (Kevin) had died like the rest of his brothers. The PWTorch guy tells the nasty behind the scenes stuff about the Von Erichs and guys like Gino Hernandez, Bruiser Brody's murder, David Von Erich's death in Japan, etc. It's really shocking stuff I'd never known before. He doesn't hold back one bit.

Angelo