• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TAG SALE WONDERS...................

11 posts in this topic

Just thought I'd ask how many times members here have found treasures at the many tag sales that pop up during the summer.. Have you found any diamonds iin the rough or just coal.

I'll share my diamond in the rough story.... 6-7 years ago I saw an ad in the local paper indicating a tag sale with comics and baseball cards. I check the paper every weekend to see if there might be any tag sales for comics.

Well I went over it it and I almost dropped dead when I saw a box of golden age, and silver age books in a box boarded and bagged many in fantastic condition. Pre code Marvels, Captain Marvel, early Superman, and lots of D.C. books. Not having a lot of cash and before the event of EBAY I was at a loss. So I picked through the books and saw a Justice League #1 with another book also in the boarded bag. Well I asked the seller what the price was, he pulls out his overstreet, maybe He could not find the book and said $13.00. 893applaud-thumb.gifcloud9.gif I said ok bought it. He also told me that his son had collected the books over many years and had taken very good care of them. He also told me that the creator of Wonder Woman once lived very close by and had given them some of the older books.

I said thanks and left wanting to comeback with more cash the following day and maybe offer him a $$$$$ for the whole box.

Luck was not on my side, a family emergency caused me to miss the auction, and to this day I wonder what I might have gotten or what I might have done. frown.gif

PS the other book was a fine copy of Superman #97 cloud9.gif

Talk about a buy Justice League #1 and Superman #97.

I've never seen so many great old books since then.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.So what's your tale<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

WEBHEAD

He also told me that the creator of Wonder Woman once lived very close by and had given them some of the older books. 893offtopic1.gif

Interesting note......the creator of Wonder Woman,..Charles Moulton,...lived with his wife and at least one other woman in a "communal" living arrangement, and had a group of children by both women,...all this from the man who invented the lie detector!!...I guess when your wife allows you to cheat in your own home you don't have to worry about getting caught lying.

Here, lets just get this out of the way:

When you sold the book, did you go back and give the guy more money? Did you tell him that $13 was 100 times too low for a JLA 1? You theif! You tramp! You gypsy! Its people like you that make my skin crawl! You're no worse than a criminal, stealing from the guy. You have no ethics, no morals, and probably kick puppies too!

But seriously, that's a pretty good buy!

Here, lets just get this out of the way:

When you sold the book, did you go back and give the guy more money? Did you tell him that $13 was 100 times too low for a JLA 1? You theif! You tramp! You gypsy! Its people like you that make my skin crawl! You're no worse than a criminal, stealing from the guy. You have no ethics, no morals, and probably kick puppies too!

But seriously, that's a pretty good buy!

893Funny-thumb.gif

well after all isn't that how the MILE HIGH COMICS got it's start..

I don't know of too many people who would call Chuck a good role model.... unless of course you don't mind searing heat that lasts for an eternity. grin.gif