• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BOARDS ARE SLOW

52 posts in this topic

My family owned a cottage in Bethany Beach, (Sussex Shores) which is between OC and Rehobeth Beach. For years we would spend most of the summer there. There was a small Army base across the street that would shoot off a cannon at the formation when they take the flag down at sunset. (I forget what they call it.) Who can forget artillery practice on the beaches between Bethany and OC? Are those towers still there? Or have condos blotted out the sun.

When the base was closed we'd race our go-carts around in it.

I wonder what that cottage is worth now. Probably over a million.

Almost every weekend we would hit the boardwalk in OC. The kids would all get to do the ring toss first. Eventually, we'd end up at the amusement park. Remember the "Wild Mouse" roller coaster?

I bought my first comic, Vampi #1, at "Jake's". Is that still there?

My family owned a cottage in Bethany Beach, (Sussex Shores) which is between OC and Rehobeth Beach. For years we would spend most of the summer there. There was a small Army base across the street that would shoot off a cannon at the formation when they take the flag down at sunset. (I forget what they call it.) Who can forget artillery practice on the beaches between Bethany and OC? Are those towers still there? Or have condos blotted out the sun.

When the base was closed we'd race our go-carts around in it.

I wonder what that cottage is worth now. Probably over a million.

Almost every weekend we would hit the boardwalk in OC. The kids would all get to do the ring toss first. Eventually, we'd end up at the amusement park. Remember the "Wild Mouse" roller coaster?

I bought my first comic, Vampi #1, at "Jake's". Is that still there?

the wild mouse was kick . but it has been demolished.

Thank you. That end-of-the-day bugle call when they take down the flag is called "Retreat".

http://www.music.vt.edu/musicdictionary/textr/Retreat.html

Anyway, I was born in DC, grew up in Kensington and, later, Rockville.

(Potomac, actually. Falls Orchard off Great Falls Rd.) Mom's grandparents lived in Bethesda. Dad was from Cambridge, MD. and had family up and down the DelMarVa Penisula. I've been to Salisbury many times.

I would've attended Larchmont Elementary in Kensington and in Rockville, Robert Frost Middle School and Thomas S. Wootton High School.

Instead, I was shipped off to attend private military boarding schools in central VA.

Linton Hall Military School in Bristow and Fork Union Military Academy in Fork Union.

Later, my high school years were spent attending another boarding school, Sanford Prep, outside of New Castle, DE., in Hockessin.

Why couldn't I have attended Bullis Prep? It was right down the road and I could've lived at home.

As you can see, I didn't spend much time in Rockville.

(I'm just trying to introduce myself with all this OT information. Besides, it's a slow board thread.)