• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - Ode to Long Island

30 posts in this topic

I grew up in Merrick......hated it......don't miss it. It was like the Zappa song says: "Centerville, it's got churches and liquor stores. Plastic people, oh baby, now, you're such a drag". :hi:

I will never move back zzz

But looking back and now living in Fla, I miss..........

Pizza

Bagels

Egg rolls

Pastami/Brisket/Corned Beef on RYE

Playing in a band at the Brokerage in Bellmore

South Merrick girls dressed to kill at 17

Yankee Peddler bar on Merrick Ave (Drinking age was 18 back then and started going when I was 15. Had to celebrate my 18th birthday there as a 21 year old lol )

The Grateful Dead playing a 3 to 5 night run in Nassau Coliseum and a 5 to 9 night run in The Garden and going to every one of the shows.

Frisbee with friends at Eisienhower park.

BUT MOST IMPORTANT:LIVING NEAR NYC...MUSIC...FOOD....CULTURE......BEING WHO EVER YOU ARE...COMIC BOOK CONVENTIONS :pullhair:

Amen Brother! Florida's idea of good pizza is Pizza Hut :cry:

Even though I live in Queens I rarely go to Long Island.

Last time I checked Queens was on Long Island.

No, no, no...you got it all wrong...Long Island is Nassau and Suffolk...Queens is part of the 5 boroughs

I lived in Queens for 20 plus years and never remember driving over a bridge to get to the Island.

Hey Joey!!!

Working in Forest Hills I eat pizza everyday. Im tired of it already....

Is Pasta Del Giorno still open off of Austin Street?

Yep its still there although I never go to restaurants in Forest Hills. I usually get pizza from AJs which is directly across from my job. After work I sometimes go to Johnny Rockets and Pizzeria Unos but thats about it...

Even though I live in Queens I rarely go to Long Island.

Last time I checked Queens was on Long Island.

No, no, no...you got it all wrong...Long Island is Nassau and Suffolk...Queens is part of the 5 boroughs

Yea, but technically, as a matter of physical territory, Queens is part of Long Island (as is Brooklyn and the Bronx). :gossip:

Believe me though, we really don't want it! :kidaround::baiting:

I grew up in Merrick......hated it......don't miss it. It was like the Zappa song says: "Centerville, it's got churches and liquor stores. Plastic people, oh baby, now, you're such a drag". :hi:

I will never move back zzz

But looking back and now living in Fla, I miss..........

Pizza

Bagels

Egg rolls

Pastami/Brisket/Corned Beef on RYE

Playing in a band at the Brokerage in Bellmore

South Merrick girls dressed to kill at 17

Yankee Peddler bar on Merrick Ave (Drinking age was 18 back then and started going when I was 15. Had to celebrate my 18th birthday there as a 21 year old lol )

The Grateful Dead playing a 3 to 5 night run in Nassau Coliseum and a 5 to 9 night run in The Garden and going to every one of the shows.

Frisbee with friends at Eisienhower park.

BUT MOST IMPORTANT:LIVING NEAR NYC...MUSIC...FOOD....CULTURE......BEING WHO EVER YOU ARE...COMIC BOOK CONVENTIONS :pullhair:

Amen Brother! Florida's idea of good pizza is Pizza Hut :cry:

So true :frustrated: