• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Golden Age OA?

33 posts in this topic

OK, I'm on the learning curve now. Appreciate any answers from those of you in the know:

-Is there any sort of credible price guide for GA/SA Original Art? How is Weist's viewed?

-Is there a significant price differential between unpublished and published GA art?

-What is the story on that Kozlak find?

Weist's Price Guide is way out of date. Most of the prices ranges you see listed are "I wish" prices for most of us . . .

As for dealers . . . Mike Burkey's prices tend to be on the high side . . . and the Donnelly brothers are notoriously difficult to do do business with.

You might have better luck dealing with Auction houses.

In fact Mike Burkey often buys-in art from auction, and flips at highly-inflated asking prices on his own site.

Can't really comment on GA superhero stuff, as my own collecting tastes are for 1950s/60s art from a wide range of genres.

Don't recall reading anything about a 'Kozlak find'?

Published works will always be more desirable/valuable over unpublished stuff, but it all depends on what you feel comfortable with. If you're collecting art, do so to please yourself - not impress others. Of course, it is nice if other collectors share your tastes, but be true to yourself first and foremost..

I have some unpublished covers in my own collection, and I'm more than happy to own them. As you may be aware, Heritage currently have an unpublished SUPERMAN page by Joe Shuster Studio (circa 1941) along with a Wayne Boring 1949 SUPERMAN Sunday. If these are the kinds of items you'd want, I strongly suggest you pursue them through Heritage.

OK, I'm on the learning curve now. Appreciate any answers from those of you in the know:

-What is the story on that Kozlak find?

This gentleman might be a good place to start. I currently can't remember the entire story but I believe the "everlovin jolting one" will.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=4054