• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

buy 1 or multiple of the same comic issue

1 or x more copy of the same  

240 members have voted

1. 1. 1 or x more copy of the same

37 posts in this topic

whenever i plan on slabbing a book, i always buy 2, one for reading and one for grading

for every book that i have slabbed, i can safely say that i have a raw copy of the issue, and in the least, a digital copy

I own about 20+ copies of Batman 300.... when I was first completing the run in the early 90's, it was the last issue I needed....there was no internet, no ebay, etc back then, and all I had was the monthly mail rags and CBW...for months, I searched diligently, and couldn't find a copy...finally, as some little hole in the wall upstart store (remember the 1992-4 store explosion), I found a copy...

when I started collecting again a few years ago, I vowed to buy every copy I saw!

gator

it all depends on how much they cost....if i see it in a dollar box and i think that's a pretty great price, i'll buy multiples all day.

in the 90s I migth have bought 2 copies of some books off the rack, but after doing that 5 or 6 times i stopped. X-men 2099, Conan (the new one) 1, Wolverine 75, etc. What a waste of money.

If I see something that's priced significantly below market value, I buy it. So I've had doubles, triples, ect of a ton of different issues, from gold to modern. I think the most I ever had at one time was 8 copies of Batman 227. Usually the stuff sells faster than I can accumulate it.

I own about 20+ copies of Batman 300.... when I was first completing the run in the early 90's, it was the last issue I needed....there was no internet, no ebay, etc back then, and all I had was the monthly mail rags and CBW...for months, I searched diligently, and couldn't find a copy...finally, as some little hole in the wall upstart store (remember the 1992-4 store explosion), I found a copy...

when I started collecting again a few years ago, I vowed to buy every copy I saw!

gator

Not turning into CAL are you? :baiting:

Wow, this is all fasinating to me as I do have some (many) duplicates but I never intentionally buy multiples of the same book.

Sure I've owned more than one of a single copy and still do but generally if I have doubles I try to get rid of them in some way.

i buy two copies of asm every month, but for the most part, i quit buying multiples of new books. i'd rather buy multiples of silver and bronze keys when the price is right. i'm not sure what the point really is? but, it's better than smoking bud and drinking bud.

for a while there I had been accumulating copies of FF 48.

seems like in the mid/early 90s a copy would wind up in the stack every time I worked out a multi-book deal at a show.

nothing high grade, probably topping out at a Fine.

Down to one copy now. I sold some before the FF #2 hype hit, but I sold the rest when it was hitting and did well.

Any book from a Ped or Collection.

EG;

Iron Man & SubMariner #1

2 Western Penn, 1 Northland & 1 Pac Coast.

Iron Man #1

Western Penn & Dallas Stepens copies.

Marvel Super Heroes #1

Green River copy & Pac Coast copy.

Captain Action #1

Western Penn & Boston Copy

Special Marvel Edition #1

Oakland & Mile High II copies.

SubMariner Annual #1

Oakland & Mile High II copies.

Flash Gordon #1

Boston & Western Penn Copies.

gator

Not turning into CAL are you? :baiting:

only one of them is slabbed...the other 20+ are raw :insane:

Some pics

prog77-78s.jpg

prog72s.jpg

prog71s.jpg

im128prcs.jpg

I actually have some more IM #128s now.

ASM300s.jpg

My ASM#300 CGC 9.6 is on it's way home from grading :cloud9:

There are other issues I buy despite having 1 or more of them already, but I don't have pics handy. They're always just favourite issues. I buy more for several reasons, not least of which is the search for a higher grade copy than my current best.