• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which grade is overall better (not only number but pages as an overall)

37 posts in this topic

Which grade is overall better (not only number but pages as an overall)

an 8.5 with white pages OR a 9.2 with OWtW pages (on a 1973 comic CGC graded) both with very solid centering... which is the better way to go for the long haul and as an overall... Is it as obvious as it seems!? (the 9.2).. yet white pages do pull in more money

thanks!!

I would lean towards the 9.2. Granted white pages are nice but imo there is not much a 8.5 with white pages has over a 9.2 with only a SLIGHTLY lower page quality.

Just asking because I have BOTH.. and want to keep the 9.2 but someone told me the white pages is better.. I am holding onto the 9.2 because the overall grade is better... with a slightly less graded paper.. just wanted some opinions! thanks!

Go with the 9.2 OW/W.

There is only one level of difference in paper quality, but two levels of difference in grade. The difference between OW/W may be so minute it's not even noticible. There should be a noticible difference between a 9.2 and a 8.5.

Most importantly, for future value, the 9.2 has "near mint" in its name.

Ok..Here is another one... what about an 8.5 with WPs or a 9.2 in Cream to Off white?.. which is the better way to go (Some guy is offering me either one.. and the 9.2 is only 50$s more..) But i dunno which way to go.. in pics they looks close in condition, but we all know in person there will be a difference from a 8.5 to a 9.2.. but now its 2/3 levels difference on pages... opinions?.. thanks!!

its bronze age... (1974)

Not good.

That said, the gulf between a 8.5 and a 9.2 might be just enough to override the negative caused by the CR/OW. If they are comparably priced, I'd go with the one that looks better (centering, cut, etc.)

I was thinking that.. but I dunno how much of the page quailty takes into the overall grade... because the pages are cream to off white means a 9.2 would be a 9.4 or better with OW or W pages? I wouldnt think so.. but again. I am not sure.. hm