• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A coincidence???

15 posts in this topic

I'm not entirely sure what your point is here.

Very good flying-donut customer

another one

That's why there is a question mark. It may be a coincidence, but who knows. Let's see what safe harbor thinks, although I have seen them do absolutely nothing even in obvious cases of shill bidding. Although some people have favorite sellers, you can usually tell by bidding history, bid patterns, and can tell what is going on. It just takes some thinking 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

So far, it looks as if the ID in question is some sort of "reserve" to save the seller just in case the $1 no reserve auction falls through.

It's funny because when I first read this post,the first thing I thought of was Donut and NJ Bear. I have really cut back on my ebay buying due to getting way to many overgraded books and the relative lack of bargins these days. I'd guess half my purchases in the last 60 days have been from Donut and Bear is my main compatition on most of my buys.When you find a seller who you can relie on,why not stick with him.

It's funny because when I first read this post,the first thing I thought of was Donut and NJ Bear. I have really cut back on my ebay buying due to getting way to many overgraded books and the relative lack of bargins these days. I'd guess half my purchases in the last 60 days have been from Donut and Bear is my main compatition on most of my buys.When you find a seller who you can relie on,why not stick with him.

On raw books, I totally agree, but this is CGC material here. makepoint.gif I do the same thing...stick with a select few sellers on raw material (ie Drbanner, Darth, Bigman, etc), but on CGC material I just look at their feedback to make sure I actually receive the book and am not concerned with their accuracy on grading the book itself. Apples and oranges here.

Why is that so strange to bid on 14 auctions ? I have bid on over 50 auctions from one seller at a time. The more distressing thing about these auctions is the misinformation such as advertising a ASM in CGC 9.6 but it is a Marlvel Tales 106.

Tom