• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are All of Our English Boardies OK?

38 posts in this topic

Yeah, it's pretty bad right now. As counter-intuitive as it might sound, I'm OK as the house is about 15 feet from the Grand Union canal. The local river is the other side of the canal and as the canals can be regulated...hell, they can be emptied if need be...it forms a protective barrier.

Tonight's going to be interesting, as they are predicting that the Thames in Oxfordshire will burst it's banks in the early hours. Judging by the speed with which the river is currently flowing, it's going to wash away most things in its path. :(

Hang in there lads. Hopefully the rain will soon end and the rivers will crest and start draining out.

We've had a pretty temperate July here in Central Canada, but I find that now storms blow up really quickly. Lightning, heavy rain almost out of nowhere. But nothing like you guys are going through.

Take care fellas,

Shep

Uuurgh, it's no fun trying to be a farmer in England. We're supposed to be hay making. :frustrated:

Hang in there lads. Hopefully the rain will soon end and the rivers will crest and start draining out.

We've had a pretty temperate July here in Central Canada, but I find that now storms blow up really quickly. Lightning, heavy rain almost out of nowhere. But nothing like you guys are going through.

Take care fellas,

Shep

Thanks Shep...you think we Brits would be able to cope with loadsa rain, but that hasn't been the case. Then again, we don't often get a monsoon season...