• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Not a lot of love for the SS . . . . . .

24 posts in this topic

I know it prob gets crazy but getting paid to go to a con and meet all these creators doesn't seem like a bad gig to me (shrug)

And if you can get books done for your own collection that is like a double rainbow..maybe even a triple rainbow :juggle:

I am sure after a couple cons my outlook would change...I do appreciate all CAWs hard work at the cons!

I know it prob gets crazy but getting paid to go to a con and meet all these creators doesn't seem like a bad gig to me (shrug)

And if you can get books done for your own collection that is like a double rainbow..maybe even a triple rainbow :juggle:

I am sure after a couple cons my outlook would change...I do appreciate all CAWs hard work at the cons!

yup CAWs do get paid... but once you factor in transportation and a room (Necessary if the con is more than one day) you do not come out ahead, trust me. Do not get me wrong I enjoy going to Cons and meeting creators and fellow board members but the days are long and you really do not get to enjoy the con or even shop for books. I was a CAW at ECCC last year and I have to say that show was real work. I helped out a lot of people by standing in lines and witnessing books, not just for the person I was assigned to.

I really gained some insight on how difficult getting signatures (more so for multiples) really is. I have to admit that I was dead tired when I left that show. Although I did meet some great people and tipped a few glasses each night with new friends. (thumbs u

:signofftopic:That is why I laugh when I hear of buyers on Fee-bay (or on this board, sometimes) complain that a signature series book is “Priced out of line for what they are worth”. :signofftopic:

Anyone who thinks it is easy to get sigs is certifiable :insane: and most likely a danger to themselves and others.

So I guess my point is that CAWs do get paid…. doh!but it is not a money making venture believe me.

Steve, you worked ECC, Pittsburgh (twice---first time was for Chandler) and Baltimore. And busted your AZZ at every show.

You're CAW of the year.

CGC should just hire you full time.

lol, don't forget Sarah charming all those artist into doing sketches on books... The only one she could not convince to draw a quick thumb nail was Howard Chaykin, who was a little creepy. I'm a little hurt that Herb did not send her a holiday card this year