• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Typification Panels

8 posts in this topic

Well, in keeping with the spirit of things, we have Covers in Cigar and some incredible splash pages in Splash, and also in partial answer to HKP's question about the pre-code stories with the most...well...horror...I thought it would be fun to post some regular story panels that typify our various GA genres.

This is a page from House Of Fear 19 - the infamous Baseball Story used in SOTI. Beware, kiddies! It gives away the ending so if you haven't read it yet - well - don't want to SPOIL it for you! EeeeHeeeeheeeheeheeee! insane.gif

hof19bb.jpg

POV,

It's strange how the staff at EC didn't realize that they were way

across the line with stories like this? It's too bad they didn't have

a bit more self-discipline; many of stories were just brilliant.

How would you rate the contents of the less known titles

compared to EC on a bad-taste scale from 1-10?

Ghastly horror in bad taste. Probably the most extreme gross-out panel in EC history taking the American pastime of baseball to an absurd end. insane.gif

Well, to be frank, I don't think the concept of "American Pastime" really entered into it! I mean - really! insane.gif

POV,

It's strange how the staff at EC didn't realize that they were way

across the line with stories like this? It's too bad they didn't have

a bit more self-discipline; many of stories were just brilliant.

How would you rate the contents of the less known titles

compared to EC on a bad-taste scale from 1-10?

Actually I would consider "across the line" a lot of the WWII stories/covers that took entire races or nationaities and supplied them with fangs, buck teeth, demon ears, crazed eyes, etc etc etc. The EC is pure fantasy.

But ultimately I would appreciate the WWII GA for what it was.

::edited for last sentence addition::