• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paypal CC Logos?

9 posts in this topic

This is a serious question relating to my previous post.

I've never really run into this scenario, where the Paypal notice and Paypal Credit Card logos appear on the bottom of the auction, yet are not accepted? I always assumed you had to have a Business/Premier account to even get that feature?

So what's up? Can Personal Paypal accounts use/activate the Paypal Logos or is this a Premier account that's simply using them to attract potential bidders?

So what's up? Can Personal Paypal accounts use/activate the Paypal Logos or is this a Premier account that's simply using them to attract potential bidders?

I've sold stuff on eBay advertising "No credit card payments with PayPal" since I don't have a Business account with PayPal and have no intention of getting one considering how little I sell. The problem is, since eBay acquired PayPal, if you click on your listing that you accept PayPal, they plaster the "Pay with any credit card" logo & assorted bull893censored-thumb.gif all over your listing. As a Personal account holder, there's nothing you can do about it! I think it's just a ploy by PayPal into annoying you & your potential bidders so you upgrade to a Business account.

Gene

As a Personal account holder, there's nothing you can do about it! I think it's just a ploy by PayPal into annoying you & your potential bidders so you upgrade to a Business account.

And they do a mighty fine job of that. Thanks for the info.

what are are the costs associated with Premier/Bussiness accounts?

2.2% + $0.30 per transaction.

I'm no fan of Paypal in general, but if you want to seriously sell on EBay, it's the only way to go and pays for itself easily.

what are are the costs associated with Premier/Bussiness accounts?

2.2% + $0.30 per transaction.

I'm no fan of Paypal in general, but if you want to seriously sell on EBay, it's the only way to go and pays for itself easily.

I thought there were more.

Ive had a paypal Premier account and Ive been selling on ebay for a few weeks and sold about $200 worth of stuff.

Bids on my stuff where much better after I took CC payments with Paypal.

No joke. I posted an experiment I did when I was thinking of getting a Paypal account.

First it was MO/Check = Few Bites

Then, the I relisted the remaning lots with a Premier Paypal account that I stated only accepted balance transfers = Nada

Finally, I opened up the CC option on the same items and sold out.

There was no question that the charges are more than fair compared to the extra heat auctions receive, and those who look at the fees as a negative are missing the bigger picture.

"Look at all the money I lost" instead of "I might not have sold half without the CC option".