• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is there.....

910 posts in this topic

Nah, you don't understand, ArAich. You don't understand at all.

Perhaps I understand more than you think... ;)

No, not here.

"seller refunded you, you got ticked and negged them" means you don't understand.

But hey, thanks for playin'!

I hope, Ar, that you don't ever have to deal with crappy sellers.

Been there...done that...

And did you just roll over like so many others, let someone take advantage of you, and then just "chalk it up to experience"...?

I think this thread just grew legs right when I must log off. :frustrated:

Oh well.. might be something to sip coffee over tomorrow. Might not.

Ze-

Good thing you were there to rid him of his stellar feedback...you got him good tiger...

Feedback Score: 470

Positive Feedback: 99.8%

Members who left a positive: 471

Members who left a negative: 1

All positive Feedback: 1000

Yeah, you don't really get it.....ah well.

Ze-

skip this garbage and sip your coffee over the sports page and pondering why Jim O'Brien was hired by the Pacers.

Whenever I plan on buying from a seller on ebay I first always ask for full size scans of the front and back and specificly ask if there has been any work done, hidden flaws etc. I also give detailed examples to sellers who are not comic dealers. If they don't respond or give larger scans than I don't buy no matter the book. You might want to do the same.

Ze-

skip this garbage and sip your coffee over the sports page and pondering why Jim O'Brien was hired by the Pacers.

If I can find that article.

The sports page is like reading the tabloids lately.

What a mess, Tour De France, NBA, NFL, Barry B... it can depress a person.. fast.

Then I must dwell on the Pacers too?

:sick:

Go Colts?

Ze-

I think what people are trying to tell you is that what happened to you sucked, and the seller definitely sounds like someone to avoid, but there have been much much worse horror stories than yours, so in the grand scheme of things you came out of it pretty well.

I appreciate that, tth2, and I understand, but I wasn't comparing to anyone else's experience, or even to my own. I've had farrrrr worse horror stories (like getting a Golden Age Batman advertised as "Fine" that HAD all the pages...they were all just completely detached from each other and the cover at the spine....think folder with 32 loose leaves of paper in it), I was just looking to share this particular one, because it was recent.

Did I come out pretty well? Sure, I didn't have to fight this guy through Paypal (which I'm prepared to do.) But again...that doesn't change what the seller did.

Fraud and scam is fraud and scam, no matter how "harmless" someone may think it is.

Honestly....? I'm shocked that there are sooooo many people responding here who are so willing to dismiss the situation, and me as a kook who got what he deserved.

It's weird, especially from this board, of all boards.

Good thing you were there to rid him of his stellar feedback...you got him good tiger...

Feedback Score: 470

Positive Feedback: 99.8%

Members who left a positive: 471

Members who left a negative: 1

All positive Feedback: 1000

Yeah, you don't really get it.....ah well.

I think what is making some of our fellow forumites combative is the NEG

Full refund should have garnered a neutral at worst IMO

You could have still blasted him with a comment though :whistle:

Ze-

If I can find that article.

The sports page is like reading the tabloids lately.

What a mess, Tour De France, NBA, NFL, Barry B... it can depress a person.. fast.

Then I must dwell on the Pacers too?

:sick:

Go Colts?

Ze-

Yeah -- sports page is a mess these days. Since I get all the grand slams in tennis around this time of year, I'm paying more attention to that.

I really wish they'd made one of those blockbuster deals trading O'Neal away. But the coaching hire was a total disaster...

and hey with the Pats upgrades, you can pencil in your AFC championship loss now.

Rocky...here is my last post of the night...

To be honest...when I am selling on eBay I've gotten brash "buyers" such as yourself who feel that it's your way or the highway. I have gotten questions that were so off the wall that I would respond only in a brief manner to avoid any misconceptions upon which I would get yet another brash response.

Bottom line: Perhaps it is your uneven temperment that spurs such response from people. Look inward young grasshopper and perhaps you shall find enlightenment. 2c

Good night...and You're Welcome.. ;)

And what happens when some "seller" tells you it's THEIR way or the highway....? Who, then, should defer?

I know you want to paint me as one of those people, but the reality is, I only push when I'm backed into a corner. I never say it's "my way or the highway" until someone's made it clear that it's THEIR way or the highway (which is usually the case with overgraders.)

Your "examples" aren't applicable in this situation.

And of course, since it's MY hard earned money, I would GUESS that the scale should tilt in my direction as the buyer, but hey, what do I know? When I was selling full time, that's how I treated my customers, always. Silly me for expecting that in return!

But, I understand why you want to paint me as one of those people. You're one of those timid "buyers" who let people take advantage of you, rip you off, and don't do anything about it.

I understand. It's the easy way to do things. It only costs you money. And who cares about money...?

"Uneven temperment".....heh....if telling a seller that you're disappointed and feel that your time was wasted is "uneven temperment"...MAN, I dunno where you shop.

Alright, look...I'm not trying to insult anyone, but man, folks, why are you tossing them my way so easily....?

Just to clarify, because I'm getting confused, did the seller refund you the money? If he didn't, then there's a major problemo.

Yup...seller refunded my money.

That's just half of the equation, though.

Seller also sold restored books as unrestored, and badly overgraded another.