• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Today at my local comic shop.

1 post in this topic

One of our local comic / collectible shops here in town is running a 2 for 1 special on back issues plus they had about 25 long boxes of a dealers close out stock at 5 for a buck. I showed up about 5 minutes before opening and they already had a line down the block. I spotted at least 2 other local dealers in the line.

When the shop opened we ran inside and began battling furiously at the 5 for a buck tables. Myself and a couple of the dealers were running down the boxes as fast as we could pulling stacks of books and tossing them in long boxes. While we were fighting it out over the 20 cent books one smart guy headed to the back and snagged EVERY SINGLE WALL comic at 2 for 1. The prices were already halfway decent, so this guy made out like a bandit.

I wound up with about 500 books that I'm going through now. Didn't manage to get any really nice treasures but I got a lot of long runs of good reading material.

Here's a couple that I got a good chuckle over. Did I really dress like that back in the 60's? Some of you older guys may remember these:

Mod Squad #5

Mod Squad #6

And my all time favorite sheriff:

Gunsmoke #5

Gunsmoke #6

cool.gif