• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game: BRONZE AGE SURVIVOR SERIES- Round 1

Choose a comic to leave in ROUND 1  

210 members have voted

1. 1. Choose a comic to leave in ROUND 1

104 posts in this topic

Or put the story arc in as one "issue." Thus, ASM 121-122 would be considered a single entry.

No, as that's not fair. I have had conversations with BA fans who like one book and don't like the other, and vice versa. They need to fight on their own.

I bet we could've came up with a lot more SA books had we done this way. We would've had DD, Hawkman, Atom, Doom Patrol, JLA/JSA crossover, Silver Surfer, Avengers, etc.

The first couple rounds could include multiple votes. Because I'm not sure what JC should cut out to whittle it down.

Yeah, I've always thought that books like Avengers 4 deserved to be in there.

As for the larger number of comics, I was thinking of kicking out two books for the first couple of rounds, rather than arbitrarily deleting someone's fave and not giving it a fighting chance.

Better to see it booted than have anyone whining at me. (shrug)

I have to chime in. In 1995 I was at the San Diego convention and was 'DESPERATE" for a copy of All Star Western #10".

I talked to EVERY dealer there. NO ONE knew what the hell I was talking about.

Couple years later my WIFE got one through a BIG dealer. :cloud9:

I feel your pain! Back in the late 70's I got into Jonah Hex and All Star #10 was the most obscure book on the planet, it seemed. I finally found one when I least expected it in some bargain box somewhere. The only good thing was it was dirt cheap!

What a great series! It really wasn't that collectible until late in the run, and I'm amazed at the prices the series gets now. That's one great thing about the BA...some of the best books were obscure ones, and you never knew when you'd find something wonderful.