• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game: BRONZE AGE SURVIVOR SERIES- Round 1

Choose a comic to leave in ROUND 1  

210 members have voted

1. 1. Choose a comic to leave in ROUND 1

104 posts in this topic

I know how a lot of you guys liked the last Silver Age Survivor and there are many BA fans out there. SO from Seank's Idea I decided to make a Bronze Age Survivor

If you played the last one you already know this, but for those who didn't the basic premise is, I took the Top 20 BA Books and listed them in a poll.

Each round, you vote off the one you want to depart first (The one you like the least). Maybe it's a title you don't like, a character you dislike, etc. We'll get plenty of anonymous votes, but I always like to add a post of what I voted just to stir the pot or add comments.

We'll take this til Sunday night around 6:30 PT and go to the 2nd round.

All-Star Western 10. Jonah Hex. zzz

By the way, you may want to post a long and detailed explanation on how you arrived at these particular 20 books, and then explain in even greater detail, with footnotes addressing various scientific studies on poll manipulation, why you listed them in the order that you did. Otherwise, some Judgmental Cantakerous board members might claim that you rigged the list in support of some grand conspiracy to defraud purist BA collectors everywhere. :gossip:

Could somebody tell me what's the deal with All-Star Western 10?

(shrug)

And did you mean Avengers 93 not 97?

(shrug)

All-Star Western 10. Jonah Hex. zzz

By the way, you may want to post a long and detailed explanation on how you arrived at these particular 20 books, and then explain in even greater detail, with footnotes addressing various scientific studies on poll manipulation, why you listed them in the order that you did. Otherwise, some Judgmental Cantakerous board members might claim that you rigged the list in support of some grand conspiracy to defraud purist BA collectors everywhere. :gossip:

Well that answers one question.

*wonders why Copper Age FF 232 is there but FF 112 isn't* hm

edit:

No HoS 92? Poor Swampy... :sorry:

Hmm... maybe move to the next round Saturday?

I'm going with GS XM 1, ASM 121, Incredible Hulk 181, Amazing Spider-Man 129, and Batman 232 for my top 5... probably in that order. I'm half inclined to replace ASM 129 w/ GL 76 because of it's significance to the industry, but I don't have a copy of this book and therefore haven't read it yet.

And I'm a Marvel Zombie, so I vote for Marvel :grin:

maybe we can pick different books? Looking at the list again it seems too arbitrary with too many books that shouldn't even be on a poll. Meanwhile mega books like hos92 are absent, as are hot toddies like bats227.

All star western 10 is actually a great book & an important book, Jonah hex is the man!

maybe we can pick different books? Looking at the list again it seems too arbitrary with too many books that shouldn't even be on a poll. Meanwhile mega books like hos92 are absent, as are hot toddies like bats227.

Totally agree. The list is just bizarre.

There isn't a good list in Overstreet like there is for the SA. Not sure where this list came from, but it doesn't seem complete (X-men 94, HOS 92, Tomb of Dracula 1, etc.).

Totally agree. The list is just bizarre.

Overstreet has a Top 10 (by value) Bronze on page 136 this year. It includes a few variants, but also includes HoS 92.

Oh, and if we're now starting the Bronze Age in 1968 (with Wonder Woman 178), we'll need to take cover from all the exploding grey matter very shortly. :screwy:

HOS 92 being left off is bizarre, and why ASM 121 but not 122?

Wow 1st app Jonah Hex is taking a beating!! I am surprised, great character and a tough book to find in high grade. Guess he needs to have super powers to survive haha. BTW where is all the great war and horror books?

HOS 92

Iron Fist 14

X-Men 94

ASM 122

Marvel Spotlight 5

I agree, this list isn't complete without these...

It's moment like these that make you wish for an intial post

that received bids for books that would be included in the poll.

:P

Um, delete the post and start again with a new list? In alphabetical order, of course.

I voted for The New Teen Titans #1 on this list. There are just too many books that I couldn't care less about, or even know about for that matter.

I, also, was very surprised with the number of people who voted for All Star Western #10. Perhaps some weren't aware that it was the first appearance of Jonah Hex, and thought it was just another western.... (shrug)

Andy

I have to chime in. In 1995 I was at the San Diego convention and was 'DESPERATE" for a copy of All Star Western #10".

I talked to EVERY dealer there. NO ONE knew what the hell I was talking about.

Couple years later my WIFE got one through a BIG dealer. :cloud9:

I voted for New Gods 1. I realize Kirby is a God, but I never read the book and thus have no attachment to it. I like many of the other books.

Perhaps the inclusion of GS X-Men 1 covers 94 by default? Same with ASM 121 & 122. I know they're different books, but couldn't a list be made of just Spidey books? or X-Men books?

Perhaps the inclusion of GS X-Men 1 covers 94 by default? Same with ASM 121 & 122. I know they're different books

But that's the point - they *are* different books and deserve a place on the list far more than many of the others.