• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Fun Comics #2 FN Res on Heritage

16 posts in this topic

I think it might make its reserve but not higher than that for 2 reasons.Its extensively restored [which you dont see to much on the New Funs] and it is NOT the rarest D.C inspite of what was popularly thought.I would say its a Gerber 8 to 9.

It looks like one of my old copies, if it is it's pretty solid (despite the brittle warning). I've had 3 of these and agree with A1K, not really that rare - maybe an 8, but certainly no Big Book of Fun comics.

cool thankss, but what do you think itll sell for???

Maybe $3k-$5k ???? tough to tell. The book is scarce/rare but also not mainstream -- oversized / can't be CGC encapsualted / pre-hero / pre-Golden Age...add to that extensive resto including piece replacement.....I'll guestimate $3,800 ( not based on researched sales....just a hunch). Heritage was a little aggressive when they said :"everyone is looking for it"....it's not on the wantlist of anyone I know ( not to sound negative about the book if you are thinking about buying it :gossip: )

PS...sure has nice looking professional resto work...nice!

Steve

For me I don't have any real interest in the early MF's, perhaps the major lure with these books is that they are rare. Heavily restored books seems to take a beating (when it comes to resale values) in comparison to slight R and blue label books but if this is close to a Gerber 9 then I guess there has to be a handful of MF collectors that would pay to obtain this?

Oh these first six books are special....juct great stuff...but then again you have to be into the pre-heor history of comics.....different strokes for different folks.....jon

i still believe that #6 is rarer and easily more "important"....and do not foget the Big Book which has the first four issues of New Fun

Just for reference, Dave Anderson sold a restored apparent (slight) VG/FN copy on ebay last year for around 2200.00 (if memory serves). I believe Esquirecomics would remember this book as well as the other issues of New Fun that Dave was selling. I am looking for a copy of number 2, but I avoid brittle page books like the plague.

And Jon is absolutely correct. New Fun 6 is far tougher to find that 2. The Big Book is hard to find than any New Fun.

Quote:// And Jon is absolutely correct. New Fun 6 is far tougher to find that 2. The Big Book is hard to find than any New Fun.

This is totally correct, I have no dought.

Im stickin by my prediction on the price.

Possibly the hardest and certainly the hardest D.C key book is The Big Book of Fun Comics. Im not including Double Action 2 as a Key issue . I know its up there with rarity.

Just for reference, Dave Anderson sold a restored apparent (slight) VG/FN copy on ebay last year for around 2200.00 (if memory serves). I believe Esquirecomics would remember this book as well as the other issues of New Fun that Dave was selling.

Would you happen to remember the details of the restoration work on Dave's copy of New Fun #2?

That's actually not a bad price for the the book if it's only got slight restoration.