• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

i need help grading please

44 posts in this topic

scuffs drop it out of at least the 9s depending on how deep it is and what the scuff is from (dirt - water - food stain - oil)

as for the staples.. what you look for is the wear around the staples..As the comic is read, the staples normally start to "pull" and can start to loosen (on older books more so) what you look for is basic wear on the staples (the holes) the more "white" you see the worse off it is... (for the most part)... on older copies, you need to check out the actual staple it self (condition)... any rust is a big hit on CGC

No problem....

all and all.. its not that easy to get/pull 9.0s or better... of course for some it is (because they know exactly what to look for what sending the comics to CGC/PGX).. but the reason the comics in higher grades are a higher value (sometimes by A LOT) is because going to your LCS and buying a brand new comic doesnt even bring you a "mint" or near mint" book.. yet finding older issues that have been handled... just my 2c

Ive seen the hammer a ASM129 for that.. knocking a clear cut 9.2 or better to a 8.5...

the DD is a beauty of a copy.. but I wouldnt put a bet on it coming back a 9.0.. with the ink and the scuff about the "c" on comics on the top of the front cover.. as well as the right upper corner looking having some color as well (could be scan) but the whole top of the front cover looks to be banged up a little too much for a 9 ... at least IMO

i didnt realize i had so many books to get rid of. it took me 3 hours to get the correct scans of these things and thats just odd ball books. the thing that throws me off is lots of my old books have an X on them with marker :( books are in good condition if they didnt have Xs on them. are they worth the time scanning?

i didnt realize i had so many books to get rid of. it took me 3 hours to get the correct scans of these things and thats just odd ball books. the thing that throws me off is lots of my old books have an X on them with marker :( books are in good condition if they didnt have Xs on them. are they worth the time scanning?

doh!:makepoint::insane: