• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official CGC Conspiracy Thread.

40 posts in this topic

This book should have been a "blank" grade but instead it was given a "blank" grade.

Discuss.

I knew a guy who had a cousin who kept all his books in a cedar chest. He handpicked his best Hulk 181 and sent it in to CGC. It came back as an 8.5. But then he resubmitted it thru one of those fancy auction houses and it came back a 9.4. But it turned out one of the guys at the auction house had one of his buddies bid on it ad after he won, they resubmitted it and it came back a 9.9 and sold for almost 2 mil in a private sale.Turns out the guys behind CGC and some of these auctions all borrow money off the street from the same people. I didn't believe it at first but the guy who got us the Sprinsteen tickets heard it from Bruces limo driver.

This book should have been a "blank" grade but instead it was given a "blank" grade.

Discuss.

Simple. Nothing is 100%. What "should be" and what "is" differ depending on the day of the week, the temperature, how much sleep one got, how much partying one did, how many problems this particualar day or hour or moment brings. Corporations, companies, organizations etc. are made up of indivduals. It has been said that the whole can be greater than the sum of its parts, but that is an ideal. In actuality, the whole tends to be that which is acquiesced to by the majority of its parts. And sometimes, the most vocal minority.

Corporate entities do not exist in reality - they just don't know it. They have no brain, heart or soul. They have no substance beyond the legal system that puts them on paper. They are comprised of individuals. And being such, they are prone to all that goes into an individual.

The questions come when one percieves a corporate entity as a living thing with a mind, heart and soul.

Pov, I think you misread the thread title...this is the official CGC conspiracy thread, not the official CGC philosophy thread. Tell us all about those comics which made you lose faith in CGC after they gave it too high or too low a grade because they were trying to spite comic-keys and/or kiss Jay Parrino's butt. insane.gif

...this is the official CGC conspiracy thread

What if the micro-chamber paper that CGC places inside our graded books is really designed to destroy our HG comics? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

In a couple years from now........CGC will close it's doors, and will start selling HG "raw" books instead. frown.gif

Discuss.

Well , I guess if the "given grade" was better than the "been grade" , than that's a bonus for the seller.!! Now Why? ( possible Krap & Koruption ) thats another story.

insane.gif

Wait, let me adjust my tin-foil hat, so Steve Borock can't read my thoughts. CGC is working on thsi enw food source. They call it Soylent Green. They say it will solve all the world's food problems forever. The problem is....

IT'S MADE OF PEOPLE!

I also heard that CGC made a "mistake" or two in their time. Thing is, we all know that Steve and Co. are nothing more than perfect robots created by the Trilateral Commission in order to destroy humanity as we know it by getting high multiples out of all those dirty specs. So, those "mistakes" and errors in judgment were, of course, intentionally produced in order to hurt the the pure, golden-hearted collector community.

CGC also put drugs into the plastic of the holders. Once you buy one CGC book the drugs take hold and you lose the ability to think for youurself. This is true of everyone in the hobby excet for the lucky few who are pure-hearted, arrogant or stubborn enough to withstand the drug's power. Everyone else is brought down to the mental level of a child and is totally unable to see that the world really is just simple black and white and completely devoid of nuance. At that point without the hand-holding of patient, altruistic souls with not a selfish bone in their body collectors and dirty specs alike are unable to see the deadly serious consequences of CGC's entry into the comic market in regards to peace in the middle east, global warming, and the price of tea in china...

Well I heard the reason they moved to Florida was so they could collect a fortune in insurance money when the next big storm blows thru.DO NOT SEND THEM BOOKS DURING HURRICANE SEASON.

I also was told its good to have your books graded the day after a major concert as everyone is still a little giddy.

Well I heard the reason they moved to Florida was so they could collect a fortune in insurance money when the next big storm blows thru.DO NOT SEND THEM BOOKS DURING HURRICANE SEASON.

I also was told its good to have your books graded the day after a major concert as everyone is still a little giddy.

I find that putting 20 dollar bills between the pages helps..... tongue.gif

Nah,..that only goes to the flunky pre-graders,...the cash never hits the final graders.

J.D.

Nah,..that only goes to the flunky pre-graders,...the cash never hits the final graders.

J.D.

The final graders get a Swiss bank account number, that is printed in invisible ink on the inside of the back cover..... smirk.gif

J.D.

The final graders get a Swiss bank account number, that is printed in invisible ink on the inside of the back cover..... smirk.gif

Now that you mentioned it the pre-graders know what to look for!

J.D.

Now that you mentioned it the pre-graders know what to look for!

The method of payment has already been changed.

".... back to using date stamps on the back cover again. " gossip.gif

...way I heard it, CGC uses the latest color photocopy technology to reproduce your books shortly after arrival in Sarasota. They then slab the reproductions before sending 'em back to you. The originals are all trucked via courier to the walled estate of the shadowy Mr. X behind it all. 893whatthe.gif

stooges.gif