• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CHECK OUT MY ASTONISHING TALES 1 PLEASE

14 posts in this topic

im just making a guess to get used to grading,but i think the cover looks 8.5-9.0. is there a scan of the reverse? and if im far off please tell me so i can learn .

I picked this up for 25.00 at metropolis comics so did i take a bath???

Thanks for your time Dan

Dan,

Yes, but only for the fact that it is a very common 2nd-tier title, quite plentiful in high grade, ubiquitous in the marketplace, and virtually impossible to resell. Other than that . . . :grin:

Seriously though, it is a very attractive copy. I don't know if you want to sink another $35 into it though hm

-d

Yes, but only for the fact that it is a very common 2nd-tier title, quite plentiful in high grade, ubiquitous in the marketplace, and virtually impossible to resell. Other than that . . .

Funny though 101 submitted to CGC according to census, no 9.8s, 7 9.6s, but plentiful in high grade in various long boxes around the world. lol Maybe i needed to finish a run and am saving for the holy grail 10.0 yet to be displayed by CGC. Im sure though I dont need to save much b/c according to you I can probably find the 10.0 sitting in a long box on the floor marked 3 for $1. lol

I see you have a well-developed sense of economics as well . . . but you're not alone -- it appears that you have 101 brothers equally adept at finance (and grading). :baiting:

I picked this up for 25.00 at metropolis comics so did i take a bath???

Thanks for your time Dan

ASTONISHINGTALES1.jpg

looks 9.0 at best...8.5 before it gains 9.2...call me jaded but no one takes a bath on a $25 purchase...not trying to be cynical but I have 3 daughters...I fluctuate between being a husdband/father/bread-earner/hobbyist/and ATM machine...I dispense multiple $25 comics on a daily basis...nice book/purchase

call me jaded but no one takes a bath on a $25 purchase...not trying to be cynical but I have 3 daughters...I fluctuate between being a husdband/father/bread-earner/hobbyist/and ATM machine...I dispense multiple $25 comics on a daily basis...nice book/purchase

Ain't it the truth . . . amen, brother! lol

25$ doesn't even get me half a tank of gas here in the Big Apple. I remember the days when gas was a buck per gallon. I should have stayed with collecting comics instead of going on a long hiatus.

Back on topic though I never purchased from Metro before and wanted to see how they were grading(over, under, spot on). So I was NOT going to take a chance on a big ticket item say as AF 15. Which brings me to why I purchased the book. Also I never was a completionist and have yet to complete a run. So with that being said I figured this might be an easier attempt as you pointed HG copies exist and are attainable. I do feel though that 20 to thirty years down the road this run will not depreciate in value but like you stated might be hard to sell. It would be nice though to have all of the top graded CGC books for this run but that is pipe dream. Maybe I should go back to smoking my pipe. lol Dan

PS If was to purchase a big ticket item from Metro it would be in person on site. My fund is growing and AF 15 is not far away from being in my collection. Just hope my coupons don't expire before then. lol