• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would you do??? ...or..."The Case of the Cracked Beetle"

9 posts in this topic

Just a thread to get opinions on my quandry...I recently recieved Blue Beetle #3 the other day of which I think I got a marvelous deal on because of the cracked CGC case it is in. When I bid I was of the frame of mind that I would have the book re-holdered once I recieved it.

My quandry is threefold:

1) Do I get it re-holdered which basically cost $11 + shipping?

2) Do I crack it out and install it and the old label in sweet mylar?

3) Do I crak it out and send it in for standard grading in hopes of getting a higher grade on a book that according to CGC is "structurally a 9.4" ?

Thoughts are appreciated... :luhv:

bluebeetle3cgcwhole.jpg

what are the defects?

looks like a beauty from the front....if you think it'd grade higher, crack and re-sub...first read but only if you plan on selling.

If you're going to keep it, crack, read, mylar, and then re-sub some day later when you plan on selling.

what are the defects?

1) Spine edge wear.

2) Tear (very small) on right front cover.

3) Back cover tanning (this is what really detracted from the grade).

4) Send that POS to me so its hideous Light Tan pages won't infect you. My boxes are a sanitarium, and it will live out its life in quiet contemplation.

(crack it, read it, get it reslabbed).

4) Send that POS to me so its hideous Light Tan pages won't infect you. My boxes are a sanitarium, and it will live out its life in quiet contemplation.

I figure it's best that it keeps my other POS company...they like to sit in a dark room together and meditate... ;)

What a great book - with a cool Joe Simon cover.

Those early Blue Beetle's are next to impossible to find with decent page quality (which is why I only have the first issue).

I'd crack it, read it, mylar it.