• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MyNameIsLegion

• Last visited

1 Follower

Personal Information

• Comic Collecting Interests
    Silver Age
    Bronze Age
    Copper Age
    Original Comic Art

Recent Profile Visitors

2,712 profile views
  1. I don't know if your'e being serious or not! Don't mock the greatness of Sal! But I feel this page was offered before in recent years, maybe Clink or CC. I know this is a 2nd tier title, but pages from it have gone fore more from 2nd tier artists in recent years.
  2. This was an eBay BIN $1000 flip fail: They probably lost almost 40% on this when it's all said and done.
  3. I agree on the bifurcation, that's been the CGC effect for a decade, but art is a little messier to quantify- there are a number of buyers that are scooping up art to resell though: 1. Dealers, win it, or price protection for their inventory. Some can't restock their inventory otherwise. Give Albert enough free drinks he will bid on everything! There's also a number of CAF sellers that are buying quite a bit off the Wednesday auctions and immediately, within hours listing it on their CAF with "offers". They're part of the reason $500 pages are $1000 now, when it was 60% net to the seller and they rest was fees on the back and front.
  4. sorry, I should have been more clear. this is an awesome piece. Sutton WWBN pages have been fetching decent money lately, and they aren't half as a good as this. It could stand its ground against same era Ploog or Wrightson IMO. ›››
  5. As Tim mentioned up thread, the last domino in the post-covid back issue free-fall was GA books. This auction was evidence to that. Someone in another thread touted GA keys were still strong. a Batman #1 set a record in 4.0. then it was pointed out that a year ago, that was the price of a 2.5 . Cap 1 and Tec 27 dropped too. That just leaves OA, and there are recent examples of flips, estate auctions from collectors and artists, that the softness has creeped into OA. John Buscema prices are weakening due to the glut of Tom Palmer consignments. Gene Colan early bronze is soft. No hero, non-costume pages from main title books are weakening. Roger Hill's art did pretty well, largely because he had exceptional taste, but there were examples of things on Sunday that we not remarkable, partly because not everyone else buying has quite the discerning eye Roger did. That Sutton Warren page for example.
  6. The remainder lots of the Hill stuff is first, before they let the riff-raff in.
  7. yeah that's outside of Brunner's normal price structure- he only did this one issue of SSOC I believe, but that's not a driver, and there's nothing noteworthy about this issue. I don't think Brunner's style is as well suited for Conan. this just seems like 2 guys bidding until one of them blinked. Most days (or any CC auction) it's half this price (or less)
  8. I can only imagine the number of conversations between potential bidders that have occurred on the side. Who is going after what, and how high, who will step aside from bidding for which piece. More than a few items will be won, and not go to the winner, they were won to unlock a trade with another blackhole collector and we may or may not see these in a gallery again, or things that also have not been seen in a generation will suddenly pop up as a result of Roger's art shuffling the deck of what is and isn't publicly displayed.