• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

newshane

• Last visited

3 Followers

Retained

• Long Custom Title
    Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house. Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse. I joined the forum and ended the boredom.

Personal Information

Recent Profile Visitors

5,706 profile views
  1. I don't know if anyone cares, but I think I'll put together a list of books I most regret selling... or maybe a list of books that I want to buy again...one day. I have some massive and expensive collecting goals before that happens, however. I may never get back around to Spawn but... if I did... Another idea is to rank the variants in some sort of order. I'll throw together something. I've been having posting withdrawals.
  2. Well, consistently is the problem! Also, the CGC's job isn't to save books from collectors who "would probably damage books further." Their job is to provide consistent and accurate grading Giving some books a pass for minor color touch and glue isn't fair, consistent, or accurate. Sure, it's noted on the blue label, but it's just as easy to note it on the purple. Restoration is restoration and should be clearly noted as such. I don't care if minor color touch and glue is common on Golden Age books. It belongs in a purple label.
  3. #1 - the website clearly states that "turnaround times are estimates only and are NOT guaranteed." You should have known this before submitting your books. #2 - as slow as "fast track" may seem to you, keep in mind that it's still faster than the alternative. #3 - slow turnaround times are a bummer, but I'd rather the company take their time and do a good job. As for the following question: "Then why the hell do advertise it and accept peoples $$ if you can not and will not honor what people are paying for." It's clear that you don't even know what you're paying for because you couldn't be bothered to read the disclaimer. So, you're impatient and trying to pass responsibility from yourself to someone else. Generation Z or a young millennial would be my guess...
  4. No. Completely unnecessary. The sales forums are for COMMUNITY members, not drop-ins. 50 posts is not an unreasonable requirement.
  5. So, how would you define a pedigree collection if you were in charge? Should every award winning modern registry set count as a pedigree? I’m not sure, but it seems like you take umbrage with restrictions on modern era collections, correct?
  6. I'm just not geared to slack. Doesn't really pay off to be competent at work, because your managers will simply give you more work. I may know the lesson, but I never really learned the lesson.
  7. Weekend from page 2. I will probably send these books off to a major auction house later this year if they don't sell here. Until then, I'm just going to leave this open if anyone has any interest. I will close it down when I find the right handler. PM me or bump it in the thread if you're interested.
  8. Just have to stress that there are no 9.8s. At least not at the moment. 139 is a brutal book as well.
  9. That's all relative. There is no "good or average" for a modern book. Depends on the issue. I'd say you have a solid copy of that book at that grade. Off-white designation has no bearing on the numerical grade.