• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

pmpknface

• Last visited

3 Followers

Personal Information

• Homepage
  • Comic Collecting Interests
    Golden Age
    Silver Age
    Bronze Age
    Copper Age
    Modern Age
    Original Comic Art
    Creator-specific
  • Occupation
    Sr. Business Analyst & Comic Reviewer
  • Hobbies
    Comics, animation, writing, tv, sports

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. I'm not sure if I'm ever going to find a reasonable copy of this issue. Cover detached...
  2. Hey Scott. If you look at the post on prior page you can skate around this, for now. Good luck!
  3. That prior book wasn't new, but this one is! Pretty cool cover with Spidey getting blasted. White Tiger makes an appearance, but it's a bigger book for the 1st appearance of Carrion! PPSSM #25:
  4. Gotta love it when a Lone Star box arrives in the morning! 3 new modern books arrived. First up is one for the Hobgoblin run, ASM #696. Man, McNiven really creepified both Hobgoblins for this run for covers! I'm in it for the Kingsley app (I'm just bypassing Phil for the moment) but it's a cool layout on this one: Next up is the 1st new Electro, Francine Frye (I love that name)! Any Ross cover is a darn good cover! Last up is a Hallows' Eve variant to #1 I picked up because it wasn't too much. Black Cat? I'm in!
  5. Cool Bruce Timm cover on that Heartthrobs book in the middle!
  6. Ok, Not the sexiest of ASM issues, but it's the 1st appearance of Red-9! Cool Spidey spotlight cover. He uses that flashlight more on the covers than he does in the books! I like the 1st app, plus with all of the Hobgoblin covers I have been getting some of the ones in between. I now have 19 between 259-289 (#20 on the way, stay tuned!). Here's ASM #264:
  7. For what it's worth I added this book to a set today, shared it in another set, and uploaded pics: https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/WCM/ComicView.aspx?PeopleSetComicID=1489939
  8. Thanks! Since I had one I never really looked at the census before on this book. As to be expected, there aren't many high graded copes. After taking out the 5 restored in 9.4 only 6.85% are higher than 9.2 with 3 lowly 9.8's. Near Mint/Mint 9.8 3 0.20% Near Mint + 9.6 11 0.73% Near Mint 9.4 89 5.92% 6.85% Near Mint - 9.2 161 10.70% So I guess they are out there, just not "that" many. Good luck if you're still looking!
  9. I've been into 1st appearances lately, and this one has 2! We've got the Humbug (hey - he could drive Venom crazy!) and in the background we've got Solo! Sure, Solo looks like a purple Dr. Manhattan but that's not his real look. Plus eventually he gets one of the best tag line ever, "Where he lives - terror dies!" I really dig this cover too. These early Web of covers kicked butt! Here's Web Of Spider-Man #19:
  10. Seeing as how this is a theme here, I thought I'd share this here too. I just saw this on TMC between movies. It's about 10 min, "the Terrible Truth!" Hysterical!
  11. I've had this one forever, but hadn't added it to my registry until today so I'll share. Bought it raw decades ago, was one of the 1st I ever graded. I though 9.4 for sure, but I'll take it. This title doesn't get enough love. Old label goodness!
  12. I've had this one forever, but hadn't added it to my registry until today so I'll share. Bought it raw decades ago, was one of the 1st I ever graded. I though 9.4 for sure, but I'll take it. This title doesn't get enough love. Old label goodness!