Alright, so I mentioned I would try to do monthly updates on my trading challenge...to see how far I could get starting with Hulk #340 CGC 9.6, Spawn #1 Newsstand CGC 9.6 and $500 cash. I want to see, through buying and selling and trading, how far that can get me.
Well, here is the first update! So far, as result of the challenge, the following books have been added to the personal collection:
1. TMNT #4 First print raw, around a 7.5 with potential to press and improve
2. Hulk #340 Newsstand raw, around a 7.5-8.0 grade
3. Batman #251 CGC 6.0
4. Nova #1 raw, around a 6.5-7.0
5. Tomb Of Dracula #13 raw in the VG range, 4.0-4.5
5. Marvel Spotlight #12 raw, VF copy, which was an upgrade on my Fine copy
6. Elvira's House of Mystery #1 raw in 7.0 range
7. Amazing Spider-Man #23 CGC 7.0
I also still have $74 in cash PLUS the following books to trade/sell
- Wolverine #8 in 9.0-9.2 range, raw
- PPTSS #101 in 9.0-9.2 range raw
- Hulk #449 in 9.0 range raw
- around a dozen other random issues including some Wolverine books, DC Secret Origins #1 and X-Force 11
All in all, I feel like value wise I have about $250-300 still in books that could be traded or sold for cash to continue buying. I will update with a photo as I am awaiting the arrival of the ASM 23!
Does it seem impressive? Have I done well or poor? Does the road travelled to get here matter (aka, what did I buy and sell and trade to get to this point?). I will divulge that info soon!