Dover's Journal

1 1
  • entries
    33
  • comments
    124
  • views
    3,354

Moments in time..... the empty nest

1 1
dover

163 views

I have spent great effort and time to prepare my children to enter the world and they have embarked with full sails. 
Sadly, I have done nothing to prepare myself. 

1 1



8 Comments


Recommended Comments

When my eldest left for college, I was talking with the wife of a golfing buddy.  She went on and on about how sad I must be that she was gone.  I explained that the opposite was true - this was a moment I'd been preparing her for over 18 years.  The fact that she could leave, could go halfway across the country to a place where she didn't know a single person and try to build something by herself for four years was, in my mind, a huge validation for my parenting.  "This is what all this was for," is what I told this woman.

Link to comment

We work hard to make our children's lives productive,  healthy,  and happy.  Grasp the moment and do something,  some kind of project for you and your wife. You will start to finally see your lives sailing through another path of finding each other again.

Link to comment
On 8/21/2022 at 11:17 AM, oakman29 said:

We work hard to make our children's lives productive,  healthy,  and happy.  Grasp the moment and do something,  some kind of project for you and your wife. You will start to finally see your lives sailing through another path of finding each other again.

I have a buddy whose 15 year old is already a lost cause.  Drinks and smokes pot like an AA reject.  Doesnt want to work or do anything at school.  Dad is rich so he says why should I have to work.  Ex wife gives him whatever he wants when he throws his teenage fits to stop the drama.
My parents did this with my older brother and growing up throwing tantrums to get what he wanted killed him as an adult.

Link to comment
On 8/23/2022 at 1:37 PM, kav said:

I have a buddy whose 15 year old is already a lost cause.  Drinks and smokes pot like an AA reject.  Doesnt want to work or do anything at school.  Dad is rich so he says why should I have to work.  Ex wife gives him whatever he wants when he throws his teenage fits to stop the drama.
My parents did this with my older brother and growing up throwing tantrums to get what he wanted killed him as an adult.

The kid needs to be put over a knee in the shed.😉

Link to comment
On 8/23/2022 at 8:34 PM, oakman29 said:

The kid needs to be put over a knee in the shed.😉

parents need to understand what they are doing to their children by coddling them-its one of the worst types of child abuse.  Making them completely unable to function as an adult.
Just watched a video of 30 year old man firing at police police fired back striking him in the leg guy pulled out his phone and told the officer I'm callin my mom!!!

Link to comment
On 8/23/2022 at 8:36 PM, kav said:

parents need to understand what they are doing to their children by coddling them-its one of the worst types of child abuse.  Making them completely unable to function as an adult.
Just watched a video of 30 year old man firing at police police fired back striking him in the leg guy pulled out his phone and told the officer I'm callin my mom!!!

That's the direction this world is going, sad really.

 

Link to comment
On 8/23/2022 at 8:42 PM, oakman29 said:

That's the direction this world is going, sad really.

 

children arent being civilized.

Screenshot 2022-08-23 8.43.29 PM.png

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now