• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Uncanny X-Men 3

12 posts in this topic

Reminds me of scans on Ebay auctions where you think it might be an 8.0 or 8.5, and then it arrives and it's a 6.0/6.5 cause you couldn't see all the fine detail, stress lines, bends, dinged corners, etc.

The spine-side corners both have dings, and I can count at least 5 color-breaking spine stress lines. If I can see 5 stress lines, I would think that in reality there are even more that we can't see.

Sure looks flat and shiny, though, and appears to have nice, crisp edges.

But I'm going 7.0 based on those stress lines -- mostly because I've been burnt one too many times by scans like this!

:sumo::sumo:

It's still a beautiful copy - the gloss is amazing; looks new - but I think that bend will bring the grade down even further. I said 7.0 earlier, but now I'm thinking the bend/crease (since there is color break) moves it into the 6.X range. Maybe 6.5?

I'm interested to see what the long-standing members have to say. I bow down before them (well, at least SOME of them... hehe) for their grading knowledge.

Has cover-tightness issues...especially bottom staple areas...

glare hurts all graders' abilities but we all try our best...

dog-gone nice comic - never had one of these myself..ever..

out on a limb and going against the crowd

VF 7.5 tops

CAL