• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Walking Dead: No One is Safe

458 posts in this topic

as much as i love this book, i wish kirkman would do whatever he's gonna do with the governor. i'd rather see how rick and co. start re-building human life then constant death and fights.

Well, from #37 to #41...there's nary a Zombie to be found...

Some of the things I'd like to see past the carnage of the next 4-5 issues:

1. Getting to the problem of what the Zombie outbreak is...how did it start, etc. That would almost be a Resident Evil Umbrella Corp subplot.

2. Seeing the re-organziation of society. We are seeing it on the immediate small team but what if they could actually get it under control...a la 28 Days Later.

3. I'd like to see a separate story line that would run a while and converge on the current team. That would be a tall order...

4. There are more kids now than adults almost. Kid Nation anyone?

Wild card events...but surely will come to a boiling point:

Dave's relationship with Andrea

Sword-carrying multiple personality woman

I don't know if you guys have seen the new trailers for Resident Evil: Extinction but there is a pretty "walking dead" kinda feel to them.

I will see if I can find a link.

C

There was one that ran last night during the Colts v Saints game....it was alot like them trapped behind fences with zombies everywhere outside the fence.

I gotta find it now.

C

I wonder if this will be like LOST where you're so focused on the characters you're first introduced to that you don't think about "others" on the island. I wonder if there'll ever be a tease where we see the scope of this thing and there are actually hordes of groups throughout the world just like the one we're currently focused on. Kirkman has said that he plans on this going on for quite some time and his recent hinting lends credence to this group just being the tip of the iceberg - almost like THE WIRE, where you first focus on one group and then the story branches out to where you see that group more in perspective as part of the whole and individual characterizations become less important. As someone else mentioned, this group is pretty beaten up at this point and there's nothing really to stop Kirkman from wiping out this entire group and shifting the focus to a new group...

There was one that ran last night during the Colts v Saints game....it was alot like them trapped behind fences with zombies everywhere outside the fence.

I gotta find it now.

C

I havent seen that one yet.. :(

I saw the new Resident Evil 5 demos...it's like RE 4...the freakin' zombies can run marathons! They kicked me arse good in RE4....now it just feels like a shoot em up game...a la House of the Dead...

Note to Game Designers: Zombies MUST be slow!

The RE movie looks like Mad Max meets Zombies.

I saw the new Resident Evil 5 demos...it's like RE 4...the freakin' zombies can run marathons! They kicked me arse good in RE4....now it just feels like a shoot em up game...a la House of the Dead...

Note to Game Designers: Zombies MUST be slow!

The RE movie looks like Mad Max meets Zombies.

I can't wait for Resident Evil 5 on the PS3 :cloud9:

RE4 was one of my favorite games ever :headbang:

whats the release date for RE5? and is it coming out on 360 or jus the PS3?

There is no official release date yet that I'm aware of.....Hopefully some time next year. I'm not sure if it's coming out for the Xbox as well (shrug)

It's definitely not for the 360 only.....the PS3 just had a downloadable exclusive HD video for it, so it's absolutely coming out for that as well.

1/1/08 doesn't sound right either, but hopefully it is! :wishluck:

Well, I don't want to spoil it for you so read if you dare MK..............

The people arent actually zombies!!!!!!!!!!!

So, back on topic...is TWD #42 coming out this week? That's what I heard.

Supposed to be in stores tomorrow. And yes, the chainsaw guy's are a person_without_enough_empathy. But, it only gets harder. When you complete that game though, whew, you feel like you did something.

Hey!!! Kirkman interview and six page preview of #42!!!

http://comics.ign.com/articles/819/819361p1.html

"And so I had done a few books with them, so I felt comfortable doing this - I basically just lied to them and said, "Well look, this is how it's going to be: The whole book is going to be as I pitched it, but as the issues progress, eventually I'm going to reveal that it was actually aliens who caused the zombie uprising. And it's going to be leading to this big battle between the humans and the aliens, and the aliens did this to kind of weaken the humans' military forces, and eventually it's going to be this big alien invasion." And so they said, "Oh yeah, that sounds sweet! Let's do that." And so they approved the book based on that."

lol :yeahok: