• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Hulk 1

23 posts in this topic

Hi, I bought this at the Paradisecon, it is missing a piece which I have been able to replace (no pic yet) the page quality is a bit lighter on the new piece.

My question would also be, if I sent it to CGC would it just get a qualified as it is missing (but has) a piece? Hopefully that makes sense

thanks in advance

Randy

missing piece

hulk1again.jpg

I doubt it would get a Q label.

Qualified is for books that are otherwise high grade that have one atypical flaw.

This book is a low grade book with an accumulation of flaws. The missing piece would just be considered into the grade.

Too low a grade overall to warrant even the consideration of a "qualified" label. However, as you point out, the missing piece is sufficiently large to describe the book as "incomplete". Consequently, as to Grade . . . 1.5 :popcorn:

Divad....my taped spine copy got a CGC 1.5...I'd say 1.8 - 2.0 for this one. likely a 2.0

Colin,

Don't get me wrong . . . I pretty much am in line with everyone else here, except for the effect of the missing piece on the grade hm

hulkmissing1.jpg

oop....

didn't see that...I figured it was a piece from the edge or something....definately less than a 2.0.....ack...

I hate to say your right...

damn...

Qualified is for books that are otherwise high grade that have one atypical flaw.

This book is a low grade book with an accumulation of flaws. The missing piece would just be considered into the grade.

That's what I always thought as well....Qualified = higher graded books.

But then I saw this

asm001a.jpg

(shrug)

I got this from a board member, does that make any difference (besides ease of resale in the future)?

hulkpiece.jpg

I'm surprised that no respondent stated this would be a "restored" grade if you replaced the missing piece...indeed it would be restored and not qualified...it would be rendered qualified if the hole was left as is...

replaced...2.5 restored

not replaced...1.5-2.0 qualified (as it affects story as opposed to, say, an ad coupon cut out...)

Still a very nice overall copy on general appearance/appeal!

That's what I always thought as well....Qualified = higher graded books.

But then I saw this

asm001a.jpg

(shrug)

Now that's Just. Plain. Wrong. IMHO :grin: