• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game: BRONZE AGE SURVIVOR SERIES - Round 3

Choose a comic to leave in ROUND 3  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Choose a comic to leave in ROUND 3

71 posts in this topic

Wow, great thing you`re running the kind of objective poll that you were accusing Shadow of failing to do.

Thank you so much for the kinds words regarding my observation that Man-Bat had almost been eliminated in each round, but was still alive and kicking. (thumbs u

I wonder what's the next DC character to get the prized "JC dump-on"

in the next poll???

hm

I was thinking of mentioning that Marvel Team-up #1 had been on the edge a few times. (shrug)

Well, that would be stating the truth, that's for sure. That little bugger near had my vote this time.

Andy

Wow, great thing you`re running the kind of objective poll that you were accusing Shadow of failing to do.

Thank you so much for the kinds words regarding my observation that Man-Bat had almost been eliminated in each round, but was still alive and kicking. (thumbs u

I wonder what's the next DC character to get the prized "JC dump-on"

in the next poll???

hm

D.C. or not, it's the MAN-BAT. i mean how much imagination did it take to come

up with that character.

"hm, lets see we need a bad guy for this next BAT-MAN book. i know, how about MAN-BAT."

D.C. or not, it's the MAN-BAT. i mean how much imagination did it take to come

up with that character.

"hm, lets see we need a bad guy for this next BAT-MAN book. i know, how about MAN-BAT."

Hadn't the name recently been used in a parody -- "Manbat and Wonderbrat"? Anyone remember where that was published? Not Brand Echh? Mad?

A little like reality overtaking parody -- Megade(a)th from National Lampoon's Lemmings, Revengers (Continuity) from Not Brand Echh.

Jack

I cant believe Man-bat and Deathlok are still on the list.

I can't believe X-men are still on the list.

I can't believe 100% of the votes aren't for the first appearance of Blade. Talk about a non-event. 2c

I can't believe 100% of the votes aren't for the first appearance of Blade. Talk about a non-event. 2c

I agree. I have never understood why TOD#10 commands a premium based on a character that only became popular from the movie.

Giant Size X-Men is going to be the winner so you make no sense at all (shrug)

Giant Size X-Men is going to be the winner so you make no sense at all (shrug)
Well he is just a hater I guess :shrug:

Cerebus 1 must go because...who cares? It's a book everyone proclaims to love but but noone I know can actually read the damn thing.

X-Men 141, leave us. Days of Future....what? Who gives a rats carcass! Just another badly written Claremont POS.

Make it so.

(thumbs u

Cerebus 1 must go because...who cares? It's a book everyone proclaims to love but but noone I know can actually read the damn thing.

OK, I believe that no one you know can read it.

The first part of the series, once Sim got over the Freshman jitters, was GREAT! Witty, thought-provoking, beatifully drawn. Better than anything the big 2 were publishing at the time.

I haven't finished the whole series and probably won't, but I've read the first four "phone books" -- i.e., through Church and State II, issue 111, and scattered other issues.

If you're going to hold a flake-out later in a series against #1, what series IS safe? Certainly not X-Men, Spider-Man -- you name it.

X-Men 141, leave us. Days of Future....what? Who gives a rats carcass! Just another badly written Claremont POS.

Make it so.

I'm also puzzled why that one's still on the list.

Jack

OK, I believe that no one you know can read it.

The first part of the series, once Sim got over the Freshman jitters, was GREAT! Witty, thought-provoking, beatifully drawn. Better than anything the big 2 were publishing at the time.

I haven't finished the whole series and probably won't, but I've read the first four "phone books" -- i.e., through Church and State II, issue 111, and scattered other issues.

If you're going to hold a flake-out later in a series against #1, what series IS safe? Certainly not X-Men, Spider-Man -- you name it.

Make it so.

I'm also puzzled why that one's still on the list.

Jack

I agree, it wasn't a hugely significant comic, except that it introduced a staple and often reused storyline to the X-Men.

And for the record, I thought the two parter (X-Men 141 and 142) was an exceptional bit of work by Claremont, and one of my favorite stories of that era. It was almost Byrne's swansong on the title too, and he turned in one of his best efforts on it.

X-Men #141 introduced the "alternate" history story that Marvel's been hooked on like crack ever since. I love X-Men #141, especially then, and I think it may be the best story out of most of these books. I think it deserves a little more survival. lol