• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Now or Later

29 posts in this topic

Actually...

A mix of trades and monthlies is really the way to go. For certain titles, like Batman and Daredevil, which I have a long history of buying, I go monthly. For other titles, like Fables and now 100 Bullets, I go with the trades. It's nice to sit down two or three times a year with a Fables TPB and read an entire story. The distinction is that I collect Batman as a title, but I only really want to read Fables.

Another benefit of Trades is that my local library now has a graphic novel section. I can donate them (conditioned on them going into circulation) so other people can enjoy reading them.

Stick with:

Silver Age

Golden Age

Platinum Age

Victorian Age

and have plenty of cash - the comics hobby is not for the faint-hearted these days

CAL

I agree w/ everyone else, wait a while and 99.9% of moderns plummet in price. In addition to comic cons, another possible option is used bookstores. For example, there are two near me that sell comics half-cover, and they always have a lot of moderns that people have brought in.