• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Journey Into Mystery Appreciation Thread
10 10

1,862 posts in this topic

I'm in the unique position of having 2 copies now....that one and a de-slabbed 7.0 White. I wasn't expecting to get the recent (better) one but my friend had some problems and sold it to me. I've been coveting it for years, but hate to get it due to a hardship. The scan makes it look a lot worse than it is. It's one of my favorite of the early ones....Thor chasing Loki chasing Thor all through Manhatten....Guggenheim(sp?) Museum on the cover :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I always thought they were supposed to be at the top of the Empire State Building....that's what it looks like to me... (shrug)

nice..that 83 looks like a nice 6.5 :applause:

Thanks all; only run I own. I have a nice silver age/mostly Kirby run of Thor thru issue #181.

The 83 was a slabbed 6.0; one grader gave it a 6.5. They didn't like that pen mark between the "E" and "R". There is also a fugly 1/2 inch tear on the edge of the back cover.

For the most part the run is 6.0/6.5 to 9.0 getting better as the run progresses.

Edited by Battle

Awesome run! And High Grade too. That 83 looks VF. And you can open and read these if you want to!

What's fun about reading the early JIM's is the "mystery" backup stories you don't get to see in the Marvel Masterworks.

Thanks all; only run I own. I have a nice silver age/mostly Kirby run of Thor thru issue #181.

The 83 was a slabbed 6.0; one grader gave it a 6.5. They didn't like that pen mark between the "E" and "R". There is also a fugly 1/2 inch tear on the edge of the back cover.

For the most part the run is 6.0/6.5 to 9.0 getting better as the run progresses.

Beautiful set Battle! :headbang:

Indeed a nice set. You're inspiring me to completion. I'm only 5 books away from completing my Thor JIM run. Can't wait to put the last few in the registry.

Indeed a nice set. You're inspiring me to completion. I'm only 5 books away from completing my Thor JIM run. Can't wait to put the last few in the registry.

Hah! I also need 5 books to complete the run. I need 88, 92, 95, 96 and 100. I might upgrade some of the others, but that's the plan right now.

Hah! I also need 5 books to complete the run. I need 88, 92, 95, 96 and 100. I might upgrade some of the others, but that's the plan right now.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for you. What kind of condition are you looking for?

I need 90, 91, 94, 95 and 119.

Edited by Kirk Kenobi

I'll do the same for you. I'm looking for 7.0 minimum books. You have a grade minimum? I know I've sold dupes of 90 and 119.

I'll do the same for you. I'm looking for 7.0 minimum books. You have a grade minimum? I know I've sold dupes of 90 and 119.

Sent you a PM.

Edited by Kirk Kenobi

Sent you a PM.

Don't forget me! :baiting:

I'm after 9.0 graded copies and then my undercopies are expendable... :devil:

Other than my raw issue of 95 (in the VF-/VF range) all my undercopies are VG-FN-ish down to VG-ish in the lower issues...

Sent you a PM.

Don't forget me! :baiting:

I'm after 9.0 graded copies and then my undercopies are expendable... :devil:

Other than my raw issue of 95 (in the VF-/VF range) all my undercopies are VG-FN-ish down to VG-ish in the lower issues...

Wil do!

Has JIM #83 started to peak yet? Just curious.

It peaked about a year ago and has leveled off a bit. I think that all the keys are going to take off again in the spring. In my experience, whenever the guide does a massive jump there is a slight pull back until people realize that these are the new prices and then the prices on the street begin to escalate.

i think all marvel keys peaked last year.

You don't think they are going to jump again?

From what I remember the same thing happened 4 years ago. X-men #1 was flat with 9.0 copies to be had @ $13,000...same with TOS #39, FF #1, ASM #1 etc. The guide just did a massive jump that year and everybody seemed to back off for a bit.

Then we had a couple of strong sales and all of a sudden everything doubled in price within a few months.

We're nowhere near 2006 prices on keys so things have just leveled off a bit for a correction but I think we will see them jump again come next spring/summer.